“Terrible experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of CheTica Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Isidro
CheTica Ranch
You added CheTica Ranch to your Saves list
250 meters North of Peaje Zurqui on rd #32 | San Jeronimo de Moravia, San Isidro 1100, Costa Rica   |
Port Charlotte, Florida
“Terrible experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed there after having dental work. I called them after I was done with the dentist and ruben refused to pick me up, he said that since he picked me up form another place before he will not pick me up at this place, although the first place was where i got x-rays, i needed to be there only once, all the other times i needed to be picked up at the dentist. Before i made reservations i told him what i needed to have done there. He did not say that transportation would be a problem. Since the ranch is far from the city where my dentist was it did not make sense to stay at his ranch and take cabs to dentist eveery day. So i stayed at another hotel near the dentist. Ruben was very rude to me and never gave me my money back.Food was not good, I was hungry after each meal. I did not have hot water for 2 days, also they had to fix the door that would not lock. Took them 2 days. My heater also did not work. Aver all I had a very unpleasant experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I can't tell you what a great experience staying at Che Tica Ranch was for me. I went by myself and from the moment I was picked up until I went to the airport, at 4am in the morning I felt I was treated like a queen. The positive support that I received and the care was far beyond my expectations. The cool air and the beautiful accommodations were perfect. The owners and staff were very professional and seemed to anticipate your needs before you did. I loved the little spots on the ranch that provided a short walk with great views. You could tell the owners put their hearts into making your experience the best it could be. My advise don't hesitate GO!

Room Tip: All great!
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I'm not normally a 'review-er' but I wanted to take the time to say how truly amazing this place is and what a great experience I had..especially since I relied on these reviews alone when making my final decisions for my surgery abroad. The doctor I chose and everyone at Chetica Ranch truly surpassed my expectations. I went by myself for my surgery to Costa Rica which was a huge thing for me..and I always felt comfortable and taken care of. Ruben and Lorena have a wonderful family and they definitely make you feel right at home. The staff is truly amazing..every single one of them. All so compassionate and there to help in any way they can. Francis is the main nurse and she is an angel. Usually Francis or Ruben coordinate all your appointments so you never have to worry about it. The food was amazing! Delicious and healthy home cooked meals...which you can have brought to your room if you don't feel like going to the dining room to eat but I enjoyed very much eating with all the patients there and getting to know them. Everyone I met was wonderful. And of course, Rubens famous sunday bbq..I was excited about it before I even got there and it did not disappoint!! All the cottages are so cute and homey and have everything you need. They are also very big on cleanliness which I loved because I'm a bit of a clean freak. Their land is truly breath taking..I enjoyed sitting on the benches..just relaxing. It definitely is the most perfect place to heal. Everything went very smooth in my case and it felt like a mini vacation. My experience was amazing and I recommend Chetica in the highest regard. I've already sent 2 friends there!! I will definitely be back to visit sometime in the near future!! :) Shaina

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I came here on June 17, 2013 for a 360 tummy tuck that I had researched for a year. My doctor sends his patients to CheTica & I am so thankful! This has been the BEST recovery I could have imagined. Ruben and Lorena, along with their staff go above and beyond. My private cottage is gorgeous & lacking no details! Beautiful scenery, incredible meals, gentle care & as much privacy as you desire! I have already planned my next surgery for 2014 & can't wait to get back! This is the place to rest, relax, recover, and just "be"! You couldn't pay me to stay anywhere else! Leaving July 9th and having a tough time with that thought!! Can't wait to get back here! I have more pictures if you are interested!

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed at CheTica June 13th - 18th, 2013. Prior to selecting CheTica I did a fair amount of research and communicated with others that stayed at the ranch and other recovery centers. I decided on CheTica.

All information requests etc. were handled directly by Ruben, the owner. Responses were quick and detailed.

Transportation: Erick the Ranch’s driver picked me up from the Clinic after my procedure the first day. I felt very comfortable and safe as I was kind of “out of it” after my surgery. When we arrived at the ranch it was raining and I was met outside by some of the staff with umbrellas at which point I was guided to my private cottage. The ranch has several drivers so you are always ensured you will arrive to and from all appointments, airport/gate, on time.

Meals: All meals are served (you sit down and the staff serves you) at the Buena Vista restaurant unless you would like your meal in your cottage. If you are feeling under the weather and want to dine in they will bring the meal to you! Kind of cool! I really liked the Buena Vista as this allowed me to meet other guests and share experiences. There are three meals per day. They try to mix the selections around and in my opinion are well thought out and always include local fruits and vegetables. Decent portions were provided and were more than satisfying! A highlight was Ruben’s Sunday BBQ. A sampling of various meats done Argentina BBQ style. What a treat.

The Property: 80 acres of pure Heaven. I managed to get out and about on day 3 to do a little sight-seeing. I managed to come across horses, sheep on my way down to the creek. A nice way to get in some light exercise during my stay.

The Private Cottage: Prior to my visit I heard horror stories from those that stayed at other recovery centers relating to the noise factor associated with sharing a common wall etc. This was not my experience at CheTica. I had my own cottage that was more specious than a lot of apartments I have been in. The cottage came with everything I needed to make my stay very comfortable i.e. large flat screen TV with cable, DVD player (tons of movies available in the restaurant), microwave, refrigerator, even a huge fireplace that I used on more than one occasion. I never had an issue with hot water, heat etc. The room was cleaned each morning as was perfect to say the least.

The Staff: The staff in my opinion is 5-star. The concept of customer service from Ruben and Lorena is definitely a common theme provided by all staff members. The staff is at your beck and call. From daily visits from the Ranch’s Nurse, accommodating special meal requests and daily laundry to even having someone show up and sparking up the fireplace in my cottage. The staff at CheTica was there to help and make my stay a pleasant one. This is what I expected during my recovery and was delivered as promised.

The Guests: I had the pleasure of meeting the best of the best. Every meal was a great experience sharing stories and experiences with new friends. There are always folks coming and going from all over globe so it’s never a dull moment to say the least.

Almost Forgot - The Massage: Part of my recovery regimen was a daily Lymphatic Drainage massage. All I can say is wow. This was something that I couldn’t enough of. I believe the cost was $30.00 per session and worth every cent. A similar massage in the states would run $100+. Magda the resident masseuse used homemade oils, played classical music and even sung lightly during the session. Talk about heaven!

Overall I would recommend CheTica to anyone looking to recover in San Jose and would/will certainly stay there again myself!!

Paul

Room Tip: I stayed in the Bodeguita cottage. I recommend it highly. Spark up the fireplace in the evening fo...
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My stay at the CheTica Wellness & Recovery Center in January 2013 was a great success! As people say "Every journey begins with a single step" and its more assuring if there is someone caring, supportive and skillful walking beside you. This is what you find at CheTica Ranch! The whole complex is located on the picturesque hills and well maintained.

It was after midnight when I reached the Ranch. In the morning I decided to look around. The atmosphere was so natural that immediately I could feel I have come to a place which is close to nature where everything looks very calm. The rooms in my cottage were spacious, clean, bright and had positive energy, allowed me to be settled as soon as I got there and get healed fast after my surgery.

The food was very good, always a nice selection of healthy meals and mixed juices served in the dinning room or in your cottage.

All the staff were friendly and helpful. Ruben is the heart and soul of wherever he is and his knowledge, passion and caring nature is excellent, more than that he makes people happy just to be in his company. I want to say thank you to everyone at the CheTica Wellness Center for helping me with my journey. I do not hesitate to refer my friends or anyone else to the CheTica Ranch as I know they will be in great hands and receive the same benefits that I have.

Tatiana Corcoran
Phoenix, AZ

Room Tip: Ketchikan cottage is the best!!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Tewksbury, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

There are so many positive things I can share regarding my stay at Chetica. If you wish to recuperate with no worries and receive tender loving care, this is the place to stay. The cottages are lovely,with plenty of hot water, TV, micro, refrig. and a fireplace...to many things to name. The staff is friendly and accommodating. Nurse Francis is caring, sweet and knowledgeable. She coordinates all the Drs. visits for all the guests and makes sure that all your medical needs are met. The owners, Lorena an Ruben live on premise and ensure that all runs well. They too assist with transportation. By the way Lorena is a good cook and Ruben's barbecue feast on Sundays is the best! The meals are well thought out and delicious. With minor exceptions, English is spoken. Chetica Ranch is the place to go if you wish to heal Body and Soul.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to CheTica Ranch? Share your experiences!