“Quiet and Peaceful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of CheTica Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Isidro
CheTica Ranch
You added CheTica Ranch to your Saves list
250 meters North of Peaje Zurqui on rd #32 | San Jeronimo de Moravia, San Isidro 1100, Costa Rica   |
“Quiet and Peaceful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

I had cosmetic surgery seven years ago and stayed at Las Cumbres. I have to say my stay at CheTica was much cleaner and quieter. Las Cumbres is too near the smog of San Jose and the roosters at all hours do not make for a pleasant stay.

I found CheTica to be quiet and pollution free. Lorena and Ruben were very accommodating and the staff were always there to please. I enjoyed the family dogs and cats and was never disturbed during my entire stay.

I also learned that in order to get out of the smog in San Jose, you need to be at least 20 minutes outside the city. I gladly trade the roosters and pollution for a pleasant relaxing stay in the hills of Costa Rica, such as my experience with CheTica.

Good luck to Ruben and Lorena. I may pass that way again.
Delayne

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Yuma, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

My wife and I just concluded a recent medical trip to Costa Rica and we stayed at Chetica Ranch hosted by Ruben and Lorena Martin. What they have done at Chetica is truly remarkable. There are 12 cottages/suites to choose from, each beautifully decorated in a unique theme. We stayed in the Sevilla and really enjoyed it! Our spacious suite was quite and opened to the rain forest through double patio doors. Each room has a kitchen and spaceous bathroom area. We did not use the kitchen area containing a microwave, frig, and coffee maker as the ranch provided three gourmet meals prepared by their personal staff in the on site kitchen area. And the meals were really good!! Also included in the very reasonable price was Francis, our personal nurse that came by twice a day to care for our needs, clean our sutures and provide assistance whenever we needed it, from getting our clothes washed to small items we forgot. This is truely a beautiful place, peaceful and secure and we will be going back very soon to visit a place we fell in love with. Robert and Stanna

Room Tip: The Sevilla is a quiet and cooler room due to the location. The west sun does not hit this room in...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

Once upon a time, there was a gentleman of a certain age who came to CheTica Ranch to stay while he got half a mouthful of new teeth. At first he was very happy, but taking a little time to get used to the altitude, or so he thought. As the time passed, he got his temporary teeth, but was running out of air at night, so much so he could no longer lie down to sleep. He went to visit Lake Arenal, but had to return early because there was not enough air there, either. He felt as if he might die in this pretty little country far from home.
So he asked Ruben and Lorena if they knew a Doctor he might see very soon. And they did know one who was a personal friend who agreed to meet him at the Emergency Room at the Best Hospital in San Jose in two hours. (Don’t try this anywhere except CheTica Ranch.)
And the Doctor told him he may have had a heart attack along the line, and must stay in the hospital awhile. And so he stayed two nights in the Best Hospital in San Jose, and was able to find air enough to breathe, which was there all along. He was then able to return to his home country and looks very much forward to coming back to get his real teeth and to where he could be unexpectedly and seriously sick, and still be made well through the network Ruben and Lorena have created because they are very serious Loving and Caring Persons. I know it’s true, because that gentleman is me.
Herb Smith

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Canada-ĆostaRica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

I stayed at Rancho CheTica following my surgery 2 weeks ago. It is a perfect recovery hotel, in a beautiful, relaxing location. The staff made me feel safe and welcome pre operatively, and their transportation to/from medical appointments reduces stress in a strange city. The staff are lovely-the nurses are caring and professional and always available. The meals are fresh and delicious and I really appreciated having meals brought to my room post op. The accommodations are clean, comfortable and the microwave and fridge very handy. As a Canadian, the wooden Canada Geese ornaments made me smile. Lorena's sister was so kind and reassuring the night before surgery and made me feel much more relaxed. Ruben and Lorena are such gracious hosts. I will highly recommend CheTica to all my friends.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Okinawa, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

I just recently returned from our visit to CheTica Ranch. I cannot compliment this place enough. The owners, Ruben and Lorena are wonderful people and treat you like they have known you forever. They go out of their way to make you feel at home and take care of your every need. They both came to our cottage to check on me after surgery. They greeted us at the car when we arrived and said goodbye at the car when we left. We seen them several times throughout the day and they always asked if we needed anything. I loved the fact that their main concern was making us comfortable and not getting more money from us.
The ranch is absolutely beautiful. Yes, it is a drive but the drive is pretty and goes by fast and has no bumpy roads. Lorena even stopped one day on the way to the doctor to buy some souvenirs people were selling on the side of the road. One side of the ranch reminds me of Switzerland with sheep on the hills and the other side reminds me of typical Costa Rica. It is cool but not too cool. It is perfect for healing. You can go sit on your porch and not have to worry about the heat. There is also a small river in the woods behind the cottages. They have two dogs and a cat or two but they do not bother you at all. One of the dogs guided my husband and son to the river while I was recovering.
The cottages are very close to the main house so if there is an emergency someone could get there very fast. They are decorated very nicely and are very clean. I loved staying in a house versus a small room. Our cottage had a fireplace in the bedroom and one of the workers came to light it every night for us. I loved that the day I came home from surgery it was already lit for me. You can make free phone calls to the US in the restaurant and they also have two computers there and Wi-Fi in each cottage.
The nurse was wonderful. She checked in on me very often and made me take my medicine on time. She gave me advice on things to do to heal faster and she brought my food to my room every day until I was feeling better. She checked my incisions very often and helped me with anything I needed.
Transportation was on time and I never had to wait for someone to pick me up from the doctor’s office. There was no fee to stop off at the grocery store or other short stops.
The food was delicious and Ruben’s Sunday BBQ should not be missed. My son is a very picky eater and they tried to make special meals for him but we insisted that they didn’t. If we wanted something special made they were happy to do so. They noticed that I never drank my juice and only water and from then on I got water with every meal. They were very detail oriented and paid attention to the little things that made me more comfortable.
There were no hidden fees and some things I expected to pay for were free. My 9 year old son and husband came with me and there was no charge for my son. We were there a week and my son did not get bored. As a matter of fact he cried when it was time to go because he loved it there so much.
I highly recommend Chetica , even if you aren’t there for surgery.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

When I decided that Costa Rica was the best place for my total restoration for my mouth, I was excited to be getting the work I had needed for a long time. But when I did not have one single family member that could come with me I was totally horrified. My Dr is Dr. Marco A. Muñoz Cavallini . I was on the dental web site and gave places that I could stay. I looked up the other places and called them all. But the one that stood out the most was Che Tica ranch. Ruben the owner got back with me within a few hours. I was impressed from the start. I had never been to Costa Rica. I needed 16 days of dental work. I had to stay in Costa Rica almost 3 weeks. His voice calmed me and I decided to stay there. This was a huge decision for me because I was by myself.
When I arrived to Costa Rica from Atlanta, Ruben himself picked me up from the airport. From the start I felt like part of his family. When I arrived I met his nurse, Francis. She took me right to lunch that they were saving for me. The whole staff was kind and gentle.
Being there alone was horrifying. But the staffs made me feel like I was not in this by myself. They did everything to comfort me.
The first day Francis came to get me to leave for my dental appointment. First day was just a consultation. The work began on the second day. The second day was rough I had some complications and Francis the nurse took care of me throughout the night. She was in constant contact with the Dr. She made the arrangements for my meds and checking on my throughout the night. The dental work continued for the next 2 weeks. Since I had a lot of work done, the whole staff at CheTica was ever so caring. They would make me special thing to eat since I could not eat very many things. I wish that everyone that needs surgery could have this amount of care. The ranch was quiet and so beautiful. This made my healing process so much faster. When I was too tired they brought my food to me. When I was cold at night they started a fire in the fireplace in my room. Hey staff brought me back and forth to the Doctors office. All these things are included in the price. It was hard to believe that Ruben can keep the prices so cheap. I would stay there even if I did not have a surgical procedure. The whole process was so smooth. It made the dental work I had so much easier to deal with. The staff was my family for three weeks. I hated to go home. I need to go back for more work. And the only place I would stay is on the ranch. I have also recommended the ranch to my friends who are also going to Costa Rico for the medical tourism.
I am so fortunate to have found a place that took such good care of me through my surgeries. Thank God there are human angels that don’t care about the profit and care more about people over all wellbeing. Che Tica ranch is a God Send.

BA Franchella
Atlanta Ga

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Key West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

This place is amazing. I stayed here for my recovery period. Anyone thinking about coming to Costa Rica for Medical or Dental Surgery. This is a no brainer. The staff are extremely helpful and made me feel at home from the minute they picked me up. The food was amazing and the grounds are beautiful. Do yourself a favor and stay here one less thing to worry about. I would recommend this place to anyone. A+ everything.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Been to CheTica Ranch? Share your experiences!