“nice hotel, terrible location and misrepresentations on website” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Best Western Premier Mona Boutique Hotel At Sheremetyevo

You added Best Western Premier Mona Boutique Hotel At Sheremetyevo to your Saves list
Best Western Premier Mona Boutique Hotel At Sheremetyevo
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Krasnopolyanskaya St., 32 | Airport area Sheremetyevo, Lobnya 141730, Russia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Internet Special
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lobnya
Miami
“nice hotel, terrible location and misrepresentations on website”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

this hotel is very nice. the rooms are 5star quality as are the bathrooms. the staff is professional, friendly and caring. however, the name of this hotel suggests that it is at sheremetyevo airport and IT IS NOT!!! their website states that it is just 5 km from the airport and IT IS NOT!!! the website further states that the hotel provides shuttle service for a nominal fee and IT DOES NOT!!!! i waited at the airport, in freezing temperatures for the shuttle bus for over an hour. it never came. when i contacted the hotel i was told that in order to use the shuttle service you had to provide them 24 hour notice...their website failed to mention this. i was then told to take a taxi. thinking the hotel was nearby as its name suggests, i hired a taxi. 30 minutes and $40 dollars later, i arrived at the hotel. i was furious!!! by the way, the hotel is in the middle of no mans land. dont even think about leaving the property on foot....there is nowhere to go. anyway, i informed the hotel staff of the misrepresentations on their website and after they reviewed the site, they agreed it was incorrect. they offered to take me to the airport the next day in the hotel's vehicle which i appreciated. i asked that they refund the $40 i had to spend on a cab to get to the hotel and i was told that the manager would email me with a response...its been 4 days and i have not heard a peep from the manager. the liklihood is that this manager will never email me and i will never receive a refund of the $40. very disappointing considering that i booked this property specifically because of what i believed was its proximity to the airport and its shuttle service....both things turned out to be FALSE! so if you need to stay near this airport, DO NOT stay here. again, it is a shame because the hotel itself and staff are very nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Alexey77_13, General Manager at Best Western Premier Mona Boutique Hotel At Sheremetyevo, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear ExpectingtheBest77,

Thank you very much for your time you took to write the feedback on your stay at the best Western Premier MONA hotel last week. As a General Manager I am very pleased that you did like the professionalism and hospitality of our team as well as enjoyed the high quality of our facilities - I am delighted to know the hotel experience itself was remarkable. On the other hand I am very dissapointed that your visit and, unfortunately, the impression of the hotel were in fact spolit by the logistics. I am very sorry for that and suppose there was some micommunication involved which I would like to clarify:

1. Our hotel is indeed located 5km from the nearest Sheremetievo terminal - the information is correct, but in order to avoid such micommunications in future we are updating this information on our web-site by adding the distances from each Sheremetievo terminal to the hotel. Hope this will help our guests and thank you for bringing this up.

2. Our web-site does not state that the hotel provides free shuttle. It says the transfer can be booked in advance and in order to do this the hotel needs to get the car reservation request - this is the standard procedure which my team at the reception explained. I suppose the wrong information might have been provided by the travel agency which booked your trip - we will contact them to settle this issue and I am sure if this is the case they should be claimed for the refund in question. Again I am very sorry that you had to wait for a shuttle which was never supposed to come. And I am proud that my team confirmed you the BMW transfer at our charge on the way back having heard your negative experience - I do hope this was a small compensation from our side.

3. Elena who met your at the reception that day, passed this information on to Natalia, Front Office Manager, who in her turn wrote an e-mail to you directly on Feb 11 - it might still be in your e-mail box.

Again I am very sorry that your last visit was not a perfect one, I do hope you will give us another chance to demonstrate our hospitality which will not be anymore affected by logictical issues - should you happen to be in Moscow again.

Best regards,

Alexey Volov

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Amersfoort
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I loved the Mona Hotel. The hotel had a good Airport Transfer Service to Sheremetyevo, which was a 15 minutes drive. It takes a bit longer to really get into Moscow city, about 40 minutes, but then you really have the nice luxury feeling of staying in a resort with its forestry and lawns while I had explored Moscow city during the day. The staff was really attentive during my stay even though I couldn't speak Russian, they took care of all the details in English. I had the change to see a glimpse of a wedding going on during my stay. Which fitted my feeling of being more on holiday in a resort in combination with my city trip. All in all I found the hotel to be very elegant and stylish suiting to everybody's needs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Alexey77_13, General Manager at Best Western Premier Mona Boutique Hotel At Sheremetyevo, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Francis Z,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback on your experience at the Best Western Premier Mona Hotel - I am extremely happy to see that you liked both ambience / facilities of the hotel and hospitality of our personnel. You gave a good example of how one can combine city activites during the day with a calm and relaxing stay in a forestry resort area being still very close to the city - I am sure there is even more to enjoy in summer time at our side! I and my team will be more than happy to welcome you again if your plans bring you back to Moscow one day.

Best Wishes,

Alexey Volov
Budapest, Hungary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

This is a boutique hotel with nice design. All-in-all its a super hotel. The location is sooooo bad. Its 15 minutes north of Sheremetyevo airport.

I would love to know why anyone built a hotel like this in a visibly very poor neighborhood. I guess I will never find out.

This is a super hotel for people in transit at sheremetyevo airport.....but for all the others i guess u can forget it because of the location....and it hurts me to say this because its a nice hotel

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

We stayed at the hotel in December 2010. The hotel is new. Nice and modern. But the location is very isolated. To reach Sheremetievo airport (intarnational flights) it can take you not less than 30min or even longer as the trafic is always heavy! So don't choose the hotel if you don't want to miss yout flight.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Best Western Premier Mona Boutique Hotel At Sheremetyevo? Share your experiences!