“Heaven on Earth” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lisu Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mae Taeng
Lisu Lodge
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Waterloo, Belgium
“Heaven on Earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

I travel the world and am used to be in all kind hotels. tis one special. it's not luxurious, not that confortable yet the surrounding, the atmospher, the friendliness of its hosts, the landscape you can admire from the terasse are just amazing. I felt I was in the midst of the jungle. We only spent one night (doing the biking, trekking, rafting, elephant riding ...) yet the memory of this moment will last forever... so if you consider going there.. do not hesitate.. it's just heaven on earth

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

We stayed here as a couple last year during our 3 week trip to
Thailand. We can honestly stay that it was one of the best places we stayed. Stunning scenery, lovely rooms and communal area (we had the whole place to ourselves), amazing genuine Thai food cooked by lovely young lisu people. We went on the ox cart ride which was ok, the trek on the other hand (1 day local trek) was fantastic. Our guide Charlie chan was very knowledgable and friendly.
Would really really recommend this place!!!!

Stayed September 2013
Budapest, Hungary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at this lovely lodge. It was so calm and relaxing, we especially loved the garden. The staff was very friendly. The rooms are basic, but very clean. The meals were really good.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

We did a 3-day adventure (2 days trek to/from Lahu Outpost and 1 night at Lisu) and we had an amazing experience. Our guide, Lee, came to visit us at our Chiang Mai hotel the night before our trek to prepare us for our hike which I found very helpful. Lee, it turns out, is an amazing individual. He is from the Lisu Tribe and taught himself to speak English. He is remarkably well educated and well spoken and we enjoyed discussing everything from politics to the environment. He guided us up the mountain to the Lahu Outpost and stopped to let us rest or to teach us about nature and traditional village life. We were trekking with a lovely Swedish family of four and all of us truly enjoyed each others company!
When we arrived at the Lahu Outpost we found it to be clean and comfortable with a very basic bathroom but at least there was hot water for the shower which felt amazing after the hike. We relaxed and watched the sunset and then Lee cooked us an incredible dinner which we ate by candlelight! He made a special vegetarian meal for me, and I really wish I'd gotten his recipe because he is a truly talented cook. On the trek down, things got a little tricky for me as I was pregnant and not as mobile as usual and some of the hike down to the waterfall was difficult. Lee instinctively knew when to turn around and offer me his hand and made me a beautiful bamboo walking stick in about 1 minute (which I wish I'd been able to bring back as a souvenir but didn't think I could get it through customs).
After visiting the waterfall, we were driven to ride elephants. It is our understanding that Asian Oasis is no longer booking elephant rides as part of the tour and I am glad for that. We understand that the issue of elephants is very complicated in Thailand and were glad to meet the beautiful animals up close, especially feeding them bananas and sugar cane after our ride! During our ride, we didn't like how they sometimes poked the elephants, but the trainers did seem to care for the elephants (one even called her his "baby" and said he'd raised her for the past 35 years!). One of the elephants was a mother with her baby in tow and when he needed to nurse, the trainers stopped all the elephants until the baby was full and happy. Perhaps as an alternative, future treks will visit an elephant conservation site where visitors can meet these wonderful creatures without riding them.
My husband and I declined the white water rafting since I was not supposed to go into fresh water while pregnant, but our Swedish friends had fun!
Our stay at the Lisu Lodge was very relaxing and we found the bed to be very comfortable and the bathroom to feel quite luxurious after the Lahu Outpost. We enjoyed all our meals and even felt like we had the best Pad Thai of the trip here. One particular staff member truly stood out to us and she was concerned that we weren't participating in any scheduled activities in the morning so she took us see the Lisu Village (where she lives with her family!), meet the shaman, and explore the herb garden at the Buddhist temple.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Messines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

The hotel is located nearby a small village that has his own shamaan. Unfortunately we couldn' t meet him but visit of locals was over all interresting.
The rooms are basic and have only one bed. So we rent two rooms and were happy the hotel was not full booked.
In the morning we were waked up by the house rooster that remembered us every ten minutes that day started.
Every guest have a choise for a free massage (1 hour) or sauna.
There is a bar that offers drinks after 17:00 p.m. and nearby are artisanal shops.
Meals are not typical of the region but more made for tourists.
For the region could be the best accomodation and not expensive (1000 bath).

Room Tip: If you are not used to hear roasters or bad sleeper, ask for a room behind in the property.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
CONNECTICUT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Just spent 2nights at this lovely lodge .i think for me ,being a solo traveler,one night would have been a better option for me,there are activities to choose from ,biking,hiking,rafting ,however ,I have bad knees and wasn,t able to enjoy those options,the food was incredible,the staff is lovely,the village is awesome,
I was excited to go on the ox cart ride ,however,I wish I hand,t ,the driver hit the oxen with a stick continuously and I found that abusive and disturbing.
This is a very quiet place,great for couples .i want to acknowledge Charlie,som and may ,,I hope I got the names correct ,,I had may,s aunt make me a beautiful dress ,I also enjoyed the visit to the shamans home .

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Clearwater Beach, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Situated beside a small village, the lodge provides a peaceful setting to contemplate the world going by somewhere far away. Nice comfortable rooms, no internet, very good personal service. Evening meal was adaquate, served a a very low table. Evening "show" with young children was uninspiring. Overall an interesting place to stay if you want to come visit the Asku native village.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Lisu Lodge? Share your experiences!