Firstly , a bit of background , my wife and I have allready been to Aleenta in Hua Hin , so we have a bench mark of sorts.
With that out of the way , let me say that the ethos , service and overall feel from one Aleenta hotel to the next is the same , absolutely brilliant. The staff of extremely helpful , service is excellent , hotel is exactly what we look for. We do not like the masses and crowds and so Aleenta fits perfectly. Everything about the hotel and what they are trying to create , and have created is exceptional. Small , intimate , exceptional value , i just cannot sing their praises enough.
If you are reading this and have , like we did , looked at all the reviews before you intend to arrive , after reading some of them , you may become a little concerned , things like the air conditioning is noisy in the ocean view lofts ! it is too remote and all Aleenta want is for you to stay at the resort etc........
So i will try and dispel some of the fears , we stayed from the 26th April to the 6th May in an ocean view loft , the air conditioning is normal and as expected ! i find it odd that someone complained , the internet was fantastic and seamless connection ! with regards to the remoteness of the resort , i will write down some things we discovered on our visit , and like everything in life , if you are not prepared to make an effort and get out there , it will be pretty remote.
I have to send a special thanks to Raat , who came with the driver to collect us at the airport , and who , out of her own , bought my wife a little gift on our departure. Also to Dong the chef who gave us the cooking lesson , and took us around the market to buy the ingredients. OUTSTANDING ! I must also mention , that we arrived at 9 in the morning before official check in time and a plan was made to get us into our room with out an additonal cost , and we left at 18h30 in the evening and we were given a beachfront villa for the day , also at no cost. you would not find that kind of service or generousity elsewhere in the worls. Thank you Aleenta !
with regards to helpful tips of where to go , take a taxi , which is over the road from the lobby , you can get a massage in Khokkloy , at the Erawan hotel , it was quite reasonable and good , with regards to restaurants to try , 10min away os the Maikhao Dream resort that has an all you can eat seafood buffet on sunday from 11h30 to 15h30 , prawns crayfish , free wine and soft drinks , all for TBHT 1600.00 , we enjoyed the 360 deg restaurant which is also round the corner from Aleenta on the top of a hill , good food and very cheap , make a note to apply huge amounts of Mozzie rep before you go , Thanoon's restaurant under the Sarisan bridge , also cheap and excellent.
there are however a few downsides , be prepared to pay to go anywhere ! and i would hazard a guess we spent about 20 - 25% of our spending money on transport , a little extreme , and for me to hire a car would have been almost suicidal as Phuket is a little crazy. You are paying a premium at the hotel for food and drinks etc , but it is no different then when i go to Europe on business , so i dont feel it carries much weight with regards to a downside.
So to end off , we love Aleenta , and what they stand for ! We loved every minute of our time there ! would we go back to Phuket ? probably not , but purely because it is not what we look for in a holiday ! would we go back to Aleenta ? yes , at the drop of a hat !
We are allready planning to go to Aleenta or Akryn , as it is known , next year , in Koh Samui.
enjoy your stay , enjoy the remoteness and thanks once again to everybody at ALeenta , who always go the extra mile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa in Phang Nga is just 20 minutes north of the Phuket International Airport. Located on the sunset side of the Andaman Sea and the pristine Natai Beach,17KM of un spoilt beaches, almost exclusively for the guests of Aleenta are home to important wildlife, not least of all turtles & reef fish. The resort is perfect for families, couples & friends who wish to relax in the tranquil & incredible ocean front location. Linda Meredith, Spa Facialist to the Stars has her first wellness centre outside of the UK, where signature treatments such as VTOX & Facials are a must-try, in the Aruyah Spa complete 10 treatment rooms, and includes paraffin wax pedicures, OPI/ GEL manicures and a range of massage. Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa also has a purpose built & fully licensed Childrens club available all day, and cares for the children of the resort exclusively with a range of exciting & fun activities in their own Club house with paddling pool, away from the main hotel pool to provide extra tranquility for all guests as well as giving a dedicated play &learning place for children. Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa in Phang Nga is passionate about the environment. It was recently awarded the status of Thailand's Best Small Green Resort. Natai Beach has also been awarded 5 Stars for cleanliness of the beach and water quality. Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa offers a beautiful and private setting and is a perfect location for a romantic beach wedding and honeymoon. Aleenta's wedding planner is available to help create your dream celebration. Luxury of space coupled with personalized services and professional staff is the heart of why one chooses Aleenta Phuket Resort & Spa in Phang Nga. The concept of "all suites, all private" is delivered in luxury rooms come with plenty of private space. Our luxury resort accommodation range in sizes from 80m for our smallest rooms to 600m for 2 and 3 bedroom beachfront villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Splendia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Jetsetter so you can book your Aleenta Resort & Spa Phuket Phangnga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aleenta Resort And Spa Phuket Phangnga
- Aleenta Resort & Spa Phuket Phangnga Hotel Phang Nga
- Aleenta Hotel Phuket Phangnga
- Aleenta Resort Phuket Phangnga
- Aleenta Resort & Spa Phuket Phangnga Phang Nga Province, Thailand