“Thank you Aleenta” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aleenta Resort & Spa Phuket Phangnga

You added Aleenta Resort & Spa Phuket Phangnga to your Saves list
Aleenta Resort & Spa Phuket Phangnga
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   33/7 Moo 5, Pilai Beach | Takua Thung, Khok Kloi 77220, Thailand   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Khok Kloi
4.5 of 5 stars 520 Reviews
Charlottenlund, Denmark
“Thank you Aleenta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

In a nutshell” Aleenta is the only luxury hotel/resort I’d been to which actually looks better in real life than on the web site pictures!

As a frequent traveler I have seen most in upscale and luxury accommodation. There are many great places around the world but what really makes my heart beat with passion for Aleenta is the people and their heart warming service and support. I have been treated below expectations at many hotels. I have been treated according to expectations at some. But at Aleenta I have been treated beyond expectations – even on our 2nd stay where we knew what we were going into.

Today is the last of our 2nd 10 days stay at Aleenta Phuket this year. Needless to say we like the place returning only 30 days after our very first stay here. Traveling with 2 kids (4 y.o. and 10 months) service, understanding and quick attention to issues are important for us to have a relaxed holiday.
Aleenta’s great team has yet again surprised us on all fronts: Not only where our 2 bedroom, private pool apartment fully equipped with baby bath top, bottle steamer etc. Infant formula and diapers were also preordered according to our preferences and ready in our room at arrival.

Every day our youngest has enjoyed eating the French chef’s homemade baby mashed food created from lovely fresh ingredients.

Rooms are cool, minimalist and almost more Scandinavian or Japanese inspired in design than traditional Thai. We prefer the more open and lighter atmosphere to the common Thai resort’s dark and heavy wood. The sea facing glass doors can be opened in full and allow the main room and the large patio to melt into one highly useful area for adults and kids alike. And absolutely nothing beats the private pool. Swimming in the warm sunlight in 2nd floor’s height is fun. And doing it under a clear nights star filled sky is probably one of our best memories from this trip.

Another plus is the resort’s private beach. Private is a word used loosely in Thailand describing beaches. But this one truly is. A single row of sunbeds and parasols line the sand and mostly maximum 8-10 people use the beach at the same time making the visit to the sea peaceful and quiet. Again the staff is on their toes brining you everything you can wish for including a delicious line up of healthy drinks.

The Thai food at the restaurants is authentic and fresh. 2 x 10 days at the resort did leave us with more to be desired. Not that anything was wrong with the food but after so many days we simply ended up wanted something different. The few western alternatives to the yummy Thai dishes are not good. Flanking a burger with factory potatoes instead of homemade French fries is one of the very, very few shortcomings I can come up with.

Being a passionate racing cyclist I also enjoyed Aleenta’s location. I was never far from rolling hills, beautiful jungle roads with perfect surface and the friendly drivers at the resort brought me to participate in group rides with the professional Triathletes from the Tanyapuya sports resort 40 km further south in Phuket.

Despite now 20 days here we’re not done yet and will definitely be back at Aleenta – hopefully in a few months. My warmest and most passionate recommendations to everybody who has taste and enjoy the finer things in life.

Room Tip: The sea front rooms look tempting but unless you book 3 rooms in the compound you'll find your s...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
DOSM_AHMS, General Manager at Aleenta Resort & Spa Phuket Phangnga, responded to this review, April 2, 2012

Greetings from Aleenta!

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor it is very much appreciated. We are extremely pleased to see that you had a second fantastic stay at the resort and we were able to exceed your expectation once more.
As you rightly said what makes a great resort it not its hardware but its people, we are truly proud of our team at Aleenta, they always try their best to go beyond our guest expectation.

Thank you once again for this very kind review. We certainly look forward welcoming you back again very soon at Aleenta. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

Me and my hubby visited Phuket (since our last trip there almost 10 years ago), hoping to find something relaxing and yet fun for us and our 4year old boy. Initially, I booked a beachfront suite, thinking that I will have privacy and ready access to the beach. Just 2 days before I flew, a friend of mine told me that the beachfront suite had totally no privacy. We had to share the pool and living area. I totally freaked out as my family valued privacy alot. I emailed the resort and after several emails, they upgraded me to a 2bedroom residence at no extra cost! I was totally taken aback and skeptical at first, thinking that they might give me lousy room or service. On arrival at Phuket, we were fetched by the people from the resort with a BMW (Suoer pampered), and given cold drink, fruits and warm towel to freshen up. Upon reaching the resort, we were given very good service and the conceige even helped us with all the bookings of our activities and shows, and also they drove us around (with a fee of course). We were greeted by a well kept room that was huge. We had a private pool (which our whole family loved totally) and a kitchen and a huge living area. My son had simple fun just by running around the suite. Beach access was super convenient, just outside the resort, within walking distance. The beach was relatively quiet. But sand conditions were fantastic. My son had so much fun. And so did me and my husband. At the beach, the staff from Aleenta was also very attentive, making sure our beach chairs were clean and comfortable, serving us iced water although we did not request for it, and we really needed a cold drink to cool ourselves down. Overall, the stay at Aleenta Phuket was fantastic. Words cannot describe how attentive and good the service was and how much our family enjoyed our stay at Aleenta.Thank you, staff and management of Aleenta, for the best stay I had ever, in Phuket. I really hope I can visit you guys again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Greetings from Aleenta!

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor it is very much appreciated. We are delighted to see that you really enjoyed your time at the resort and that you found our staff attentive. Your comments have been passed to the team and I am certain that they will be very pleased to see that their efforts are recognized.

We certainly look forward welcoming you again in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012 via mobile

We spent 4 days on our honeymoon at the Aleenta and we were very disappointed by the service. We had been staying at other SLH hotels and were always very satisfied with the service. At our arrival, many thinks were missing (box of chocolate, iPod dock) and some lamps were broken and hadn't been replaced. Every time we had to ask for something, it took ages for people to show up. When having lunch at the beach restaurant (there aren't much optIons anyhow), we sometimes had to wait for more than 30mn before being served. Waiters were actually chatting among each others while we were waiting... It didn't prevent us from having a good time but we found it very surprising for a hotel of this category. Villas are quite expensive (we had our own private pool which was nice though but you can get this pretty much anywhere in Thailand) and we were hopping for extra service and attention. The hotel is located in the middle of nowhere, we actually rented the 2 only bicycles available in the hotel to go for a ride and discovered the "neighborhood" which presented no interest whatsoever (you simply discover the other side of tourism in Thailand, with people working at hotel nearby living in miserable conditions). We must have been pretty much the only one who went out of the hotel as most people stayed the whole time within the hotel. If you are looking for a hotel from which you can go sightseeing, it is not a good option. You need also more than 1hour to go to the harbor to take speed boats and visit the bay and the islands. If you are planning on staying in your room the whole time, we wouldn't recommend it either as you should expect better service! The highlight of our stay (apart from when we were staying on our own and didn't need/ask anything) must have been the all-you-can-eat lobster buffet and the cocktail sipping at sun set staring at the beach.... well...if we hadn't had to wait for 30mn for those cocktails!...

• Stayed November 2011
DOSM_AHMS, General Manager at Aleenta Resort & Spa Phuket Phangnga, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
Dear guest,

Greetings form Aleenta!

I was extremely sorry to read that your stay at Aleenta did not meet your expectations, it appears that we dropped the ball on several occasion and I'd like to apologize for the inconvenience it has caused. I have discussed your comments with the concerned department to ensure that our standards are in place.

Indeed the hotel is located in a remote area but this is exactly what our guests when choosing us are looking for, I am sorry if you thought otherwise or were misinformed. We cater to people looking to escape from the hustle and bustle of their daily life looking for a place where they can rest and relax and reconnect with there significant one.

The immediate area around the hotel is inhabited by shrimp farmers mainly and not by hotel workers, their lifestyle is indeed different form the European standard it doesn't mean miserable. Thailand is a developing country and still has great discrepancies within it social classes. Please do keep in mind that directly or indirectly most of the people in Thailand and especially in Phuket beneficiate form the tourism industry.

I wished you would have brought your concerns to me while still at the hotel so we could have addressed them directly. Our aim is to ensure that our customers are having a great time with us and we always do our utmost best. As you can see from other reviews we are most of the time successful in doing so, I am once again sincerely sorry that your experience at Aleenta did not meet you expectations.

Please feel free to contact me directly at hm.aph@aleenta.com if you'd like to discuss this further.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

I found the Aleenta Resort through the marvellous Mr and Mrs Smith and we stayed here for the last week of our honeymoon. There is only one word to describe this resort, AMAZING-FABULOUSHISH (yes, I just invented this word). The hotel is modern, beautifully furnished with extensive landscaped gardens and situated right on the beach (a beach which unlike those 40 minutes down the road in Phuket is deserted). The staff were attentive, kind and nothing was too much problem.

We intially booked the Beachfront Suite, however when we arrived, our host informed us these were not private, and since we were on our honeymoon, we would want privacy and promptly upgraded us to an AMAZING one bedroom villa. This villa had 5 balconies, views over the beach and ocean, it's own infinity pool, separate living and dining room complete with surround sound system. We were in heaven and only left the villa for breakfast in the morning and swim at sunset (followed by numerous cocktails at the Sunset bar). I couldn't recommend the hotel more. If you are looking for a romantic, private holiday then Aleenta is your place. It has it all. We will definitely be returning!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
DOSM_AHMS, General Manager at Aleenta Resort & Spa Phuket Phangnga, responded to this review, March 27, 2012

Greetings form Aleenta!

Thank you so much for this wonderful review about your recent stay at Aleenta. We were delighted to read that our team was able to exceed your expectation, I will certainly commend them for their excellent work.

Glad that you enjoyed the upgrade and the cocktail at the bar.

If you ever plan to come back please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Best regards

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

We booked the trip on the basis of the strong reviews on TripAdvisor. We were looking for a room/villa with a private pool in a boutique resort, and having traveled to Phuket a few times (5 other hotels), we wanted to try a new hotel. The hotel is right on the beach, which is what swung it for us (some of the other options we looked at didn't have direct access).

We booked through SLH.com (Small Luxury Hotels of the World) for 5 nights, on the basis of some of the additional benefits that membership confers. The rates matched those offered directly by the hotel, which in turn were the best we found online (and versus our travel agent). We booked a Cheek-to-Cheek package which included airport transfers and a one-hour massage each.

Prior to arrival, I sent some e-mails to the hotel to enquire about recommendations for romantic activities to book. It took a few e-mails to get the information I needed (and a few days to receive each reply). If you need a specific piece of information this is probably fine, however, they struggled a bit with more abstract requests, so I recommend you familiarise yourself with the website, and call to get a more direct (and faster) response.

The airport pick-up went smoothly, and the trip back to the hotel is around 30 minutes via a highway road so no traffic problems. The hotel is north of the airport, so that means you are about 1 hour and 20 minutes or so away from Patong, which may be a positive or negative depending on your point of view! On arrival, they showed us the Ocean View Loft which is the accommodation we'd booked, although as part of our SLH membership we had an upgrade (subject to availability). We got to see the loft though which is incredibly spacious thanks to the high ceiling. We were glad of the upgrade, as the room which saw was one of the lofts on the end of the pool. For some reason, the design is such that the pool only reaches half the length of the loft. We wouldn't have been very happy with this arrangement, had this been our room, so try to avoid the two end lofts. The view wasn't great either.

Luckily, we were upgraded to one of the 2-bedroom pool residences. This is a massive space of circa 300 sq. m (circa 3,000 SF) that's on the 2nd floor (there are further residences on the 3rd floor - I think that these are duplex units). As you enter, there's a large open living area, dining table and bar (with a kitchen and shower room just off this). In front is a large pool and deck. Either side of the pool is a bedroom with 2-single beds and large en-suite with a shower and jacuzzi style bath. The other room is a TV room. The master bedroom is off to the side with its own balcony. Again there's a large en-suite. There was only 2 of us so the suite was incredibly spacious. It could easily fit a family. I'm not sure if the 2-beds in the bedroom can be formed in to a double bed, however, so perhaps this wouldn't work for 2 couples.

The pool deck overlooks the various beach front residences, so the beach itself is about 25-35 metres or so away (although you need to walk around - there isn't direct access). Because of the west orientation, the pool only starts to get sunlight around noon, and the deck later in the afternoon, so if you want to work on your tan you will need to hit the beach. The pool on deck aren't entirely private on the second floor - I think the 3rd floor units are better.

In terms of the quality of the accommodation, the quality of the bed and linens (for the bed and towels) were top-notch. The master bedroom, however, was let down by being too light. One of the bedroom's walls is against the bathroom which has windows in it, and the windows in the bathroom are not completely covered so with the sun rising on the east side I was getting woken up at around 0630am... until I realised I'd packed an eye-mask (recommended). This could be fixed with better blinds in the bathroom. We also found the seating in the residence wasn't particularly comfortable... but we didn't spend much time siting around the villa. Finally, the other slight qualm was that there was no TV in either bedroom (although there was TV connection points on the room) - it wouldn't cost much to put a TV at least in the master bedroom (same thing with the Loft - TV is downstairs). But overall we found the quality of the room to be up to the standards expected in a luxury boutique resort, and we were delighted with the upgrade.

There is WiFi connectivity throughout the resort (even accessible on the beach), however, we found that it was often difficult to connect to the internet and to hold a connection for more than a few minutes often. For us this was a bit frustrating, but it could be very annoying if someone needed a reliable connection (e.g. to connect to the office).

The hotel is right on the beach front. The beach itself is a slightly darker sand (so not white sand), and the sea can have some larger waves on certain days that wouldn't make it suitable for younger children. We found the beach in front of the hotel to be clean. The loungers were good and the service was excellent. The only people on the beach were the hotel guests, so it feels very private. There are more beautiful beaches in Thailand, but it was still very nice.

In terms of the resort itself, the grounds are beautifully maintained. The style is modern, but fairly simple (less trendy there somewhere such as the Indigo Pearl for example). The resort is very compact (only around 45 rooms), so getting around (and to the beach is very easy). This is good, as other hotels we've been to can be sprawling! I'd say that the one thing we felt was missing was a communal pool - perhaps right on the beachfront where there's currently a bar terrace.

In terms of the food, the included breakfast had a good range of choice. You get a 'tower' of cold cuts, fruit and pastries, as well as the option of cooked food, toast, yoghurt, cereal and juices. We found the cooked western breakfast options to be below expectation for a luxury boutique hotel - the quality of ingredients and the choice of dishes weren't good enough. The rest of the breakfast was good. For lunch and dinner, one thing I will praise the hotel for is keeping the prices respectable - too often hotels in the same class exaggerate with their food prices. We liked the Thai dishes (very good) better than the Western dishes (average). In terms of the price of drinks, these were more typical - the cheapest bottle of domestic beer is around USD 5, whilst the signature cocktails are around USD 15, which is on the high side in my personal opinion. We found the service in the restaurant (and everywhere else resort) to be very friendly and smiling, although they did not always follow-up during meals (e.g. checking on us during the meal, asking if we wanted a desert after a meal, bringing sugar when they bring coffee, etc...). There were some issues with language sometimes, so we tried to stick to easy requests. In my experience, however, this is fairly typical of Thailand/Asia.

We tried the spa, which was up to the standards expected for a luxury hotel, and very good. Prices were on par also, around USD 100+ or so for an hour.

Overall we would recommend the hotel, particularly if you book one of the beachfront suits/villas (do try and make sure though that you have one right on the beach, rather than recessed or on the first floor). They have clusters of three rooms sharing an infinity pool that could be good if there are a few friends traveling right on the beach front. If you are looking for a very private hotel, there are others with a greater range of choice for privacy (although I understand some of the rooms at the Aleenta are more private).

Room Tip: For the Ocean View Lofts, avoid the two end rooms. Some of the beachfront accommodation is set back...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
DOSM_AHMS, General Manager at Aleenta Resort & Spa Phuket Phangnga, responded to this review, March 15, 2012

Greetings from Aleenta!

Thank you for posting a detailed review of your stay at Aleenta it is very much appreciated.

I have taken note of your feedback on the communication issues related to the romantic activities, our normal turn around is 24 hours, I am sorry to hear that our standard wasn't met I have shared your comment with the concerned staffs and reinforced the importance to respond quickly to customers requests.
Thank you also for raising the light issue in the master bedroom of that specific residence (not all residence have the same layout), this is an easy fix that we will look into.
Our WIFI set up is currently being upgraded to ensure a better reliability however we do rely on the local service providers and the quality/stability of the signal is not totally in our control.
We indeed try to keep our food fairly priced however the price of alcohol in Thailand are on the higher side as all imported alcoholic beverages are subject to an extremely high tax.

We were glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you once again for your constructive feedback, we certainly hope to welcome you back in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012 via mobile

This was our 2nd time to lodge at there on March 2012. Quiet & romantic atmosphere is still full around. Specially, we enjoyed to swim at our front house swimming pool, and we could see the sunset view along our swimming that made us very impressed. Only one disadvantage point for the wifi service is not steady. Hope it can improve when I have the 3rd time to stay at there with my wife for our next anniversary.

• Stayed March 2012

Greetings form Aleenta!

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor it is very much appreciated.

we are glad to see that you enjoyed your second stay as much as the first one. As mentioned in a previous management response our WIFI set up is currently being upgraded and hopefully it will help stabilizing the signal form the local service provider.

We certainly look forward welcoming you back for your anniversary, please do not hesitate to contact me directly hm.aph@aleenta.com

Best regards

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012 via mobile

My partner and I were impressed by the impeccable service experience we received at Aleenta Phang Nga!

Although we had roof leaks in our beachfront room when it rained one night, the staff was quick with service recovery by upgrading our room.

Throughout our stay, the staff followed up closely and promptly with out requests with a warm smile on every occasion.

A plus for the friendly beach attendant, who never fail to offer a glass of iced water and deftly settle us on a set of deck chairs when we step onto the beach for some sun!

The masseuse at Spa IV were also very professional and skilled. My partner and I felt so pampered that we went for 2 massages during our 4 days stay.

We look forward to staying with them again!

• Stayed March 2012

Greetings form Aleenta!

Thank you for posting a review of your stay on TripAdvisor it is very much appreciated.

We are delighted to see that you have enjoyed your time with us and that you were pleased with the quality of our service.
i am glad to read that my team was able to responded quickly on the small leak that occurred in your room, luckily it was simply caused by a clogged drain, I apologize for the inconvenience caused.
I will pass your kind comment to our beach attendant and Spa therapist !

We certainly hope that you will visit us again in the near future.

We certainly look

Been to Aleenta Resort & Spa Phuket Phangnga? Share your experiences!