“lovely surprise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cobb & Co Country Motel

Cobb & Co Country Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Surat
Cobb & Co Country Motel
You added Cobb & Co Country Motel to your Saves list
47-49 Charlotte Street, Surat, Queensland 4417, Australia   |
Warwick, Australia
“lovely surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

My mother and father stayed here while attending a function. Clean rooms, fabulous breakfast and gluten free wasn't an issue. Truly lovely stay and thank you Doug for your 'nothing is too much trouble attitude'. He didn't bat an eye lid when I asked if he had a place for some chooks overnight. Would definitely recommend

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

An unlikely gem, this one - four of us stayed here for three nights on a working trip, and after staying in some questionable accommodation elsewhere, were delighted to find ourselves welcomed into this haven of loveliness with a fine glass of red from Doug's cellar. The rooms are immaculate and beautifully presented, with outstanding facilities both inside and out. We took full advantage of the barbecue & pizza oven (frankly Surat isn't exactly heaving with fine dining opportunities), and enjoyed big cooked breakfasts every morning in the lovely outdoor dining area. Apart from a shocking line in shaggy dog stories, Doug is the host with the most - a mine of information, generous with his time (and his excellent wine cellar), and incredibly thoughtful. Two caveats: wi-fi access is available but very slow, and if you're staying in Room 6, check the bathroom door as soon as you arrive (I didn't, and it was jammed, which led to a rather amusing incident involving me driving around Surat in the early hours of the morning looking for a public convenience. Doug fixed it first thing with a screwdriver and a can of WD40, but I'd still double check it if I were you...). Caveats notwithstanding, this is a truly lovely place to stay, and highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Kallangur, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Very excited at the moment as I work as a Real Estate Agent selling a wide area of properties which means I stay in a lot of different Motels. Out of all the Motels this one at Surat is at the top of my favorite list as they go above and beyond in all your comforts. From the moment you drive in the features begin, cars are parked under cover separate from the room so as nott to disturb your sleep, beds are very comfy and give an excellent nights rest ready for a long drive the next day, fridge forgets the silly bar lists to entice the kids and in it's place they put extra milk, cold water etc.
Bathroom has all your needs covered as well, you have extra hair products, soaps etc etc.
Plenty of magazines, flyspray, bbq sauce, lots of biscuits and coffee, fantastic.
It keeps going with comforts as there is a long full length verandah at your front entrance plus the owner gave us a glass of wine each. TV wasn't digital however I wasn't there to waste time watching a TV. The memories that I left of this place are just perfect. Just booked with Doug for tomorrow night and I couldn't be happier.
Why not book a weekend away here for yourself to really unwind and enjoy the beauty of this Motel. Thanks Doug your Motel is 6 plus star in my books.
Sue Seivers

Room Tip: Remember life is what you make it, modern is not as good as you may think it is, having comforts is...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Wollongong, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My family and I were on a driving trip and passing through Surat. I found this Motel on trip advisor and it had good reviews. These reviews were so right. The great hospitality started from when I booked before I left home. When we arrived and unpacked we were given welcome drinks on the balcony, and had a great chat with Doug (the owner) and other guests. The room was very clean & comfortable, with all you need as in tea, coffee, biscuits, toiletries etc. We had a cooked breakfast in the morning, very well worth it. Cooked to perfection and a great serving size. The price was also very reasonable to. I even gave a tip, & no other accommodation on our 8000 km trip received that. I would so reccommend this motel to friends and stay here again if I was passing through.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Warragul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Every motel for 100km around was booked out. Tried this motel and he had a house next door he offered. The manager was fantastic and very helpful, great attitude and very approachable. Just like all motel managers should be. Easy going and nothing was too much trouble. The house although old was clean and tidy and everything available for use. If you have a family and cannot find a place to stay in that wont bankrupt you, then this is the place for you. If you just want a motel room I am sure they would be as clean and tidy as this house was. When we travel to Qld in the future we will call in again to stay on the way.

Room Tip: The house has about 3 rooms and you can use anyone you wish. It has a fully set up kitchen and all...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
San Gabriel, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

We got caught in a thunderstorm while passing through, didn't think there would actually be anything at all in Surat. This motel was certainly a lucky find!

Owners were very friendly, we were given welcome drinks after we had a chance to dry off. Our room had everything we needed: tea, coffee, biscuits, mints, shampoo, conditioner, soap, etc.

I don't know why anyone would come to Surat, but if you do, this is a nice place to stay.

Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

If you are looking for nice, clean rooms, under cover parking, and touches of brilliant hospitality then this is a great choice. Food is extra but worth it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Cobb & Co Country Motel? Share your experiences!