“Jewel of the Big Bend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lajitas Golf Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Lajitas Golf Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Lajitas Golf Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Specialty Resort   |   HC 70, Lajitas, Big Bend National Park, TX 79852   |
Hotel packages
Lake Jackson, Texas
“Jewel of the Big Bend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I have been coming to the Big Bend area since the late 70's and have stayed in many different hotels and clearly the Lajitas Golf Resort and Spa stands head and shoulders above the rest. We choose to stay here a couple of times per year because of the quality of the rooms and its location. The restaurant has had some management issues in the past, but the food has always been excellent. I would not hesitate to recommend the resort to anyone looking for an upscale place to stay in the Big Bend area.

Room Tip: Be on the look out for specials, "$99/night", "stay two nights, third one free"...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

424 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Arlington, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I don't play golf but I followed my husband and a friend around in my own cart and really wished I had of had a great camera. This place is all about the views. If that's not your thing there's little else here. Very quiet and spread out. I'm offended by the huge graphic nude painting in the Thirsty Goat saloon but this is really a man's place so I doubt anyone would agree with me. I've been to Lajitas several times and will definitely go back again. It's a good place to connect with Yourself and the wonder of nature. Cell phone service was very patchy so that was a plus too! Went on a raft trip down the Rio Grande with Jenny from Far Flung and had a blast. A little long but once again the views are spectacular. This area is very remote so its pretty impressive that this place is even here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Big Bend area was a totally new kind of trip for us Brooklyn folk. We needed to stretch our eyeballs, and the topography delivers.The national park was awesome, and EMPTY the week after Labor Day (our travel time). We had the Lajitas resort almost to ourselves as well, and were delighted with all aspects of our time there. The staff is outstanding, professional and friendly to boot! We totally enjoyed the Thirsty Goat Saloon, Cendrillion dining room ( pheasant on the menu) and the divine pool (temp was 104 one day - so that was a necessary treat). Summer and Emerson welcomed us at front desk, kept us apprised of daily events, Glenda organized three wonderful excursions, and the dining & bar staff (Bo, Rudy, Dean, Renee, Desiree etc. were entertaining as well as professional. Could not have asked for a better time. Sorry I do not have photos to share just yet...

Room Tip: Lajitas is built on the site of an old cavalry fort - Room 113 in the 'officiers quarters' w...
Cornelius, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Western style resort for all comers--campers, renters and those wanting the comfort of a spacious room. Very clean, friendly and attentive service, beautiful views of the south Texas hills and Mexico across the Rio Grande. First class, knock-your-socks-off golf course. Two dining options but limited menu choices. Food was more than satisfactory tho. If it weren't so far away we'd be return guests.

• Stayed September 2013
Mouans-Sartoux, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Riding a Harley from San Diego to Corpus Christi, the ride from Presidio thru Big Bend was the highlight of the trip. I highly recommend Hwy 170 for a riding expérience, the roads are well maintained and ride was fantastic. It really was the "gréât". Amazing scenery and wildlife. Had to stop on the road to let deer cross, and also to let tarantulas cross! The stay at Lajitas Resort was a very pleasant expérience. The staff and the facilities are absolutely 1st class. I intend to return and do it again. I cant imagine anyone being anything but pleased with Lajitas Resort, and the Park employees were also friendly and informative. I floated the Rio Grande for entertainment, and Lajitas Resort is conveniently situated for all activities. I believe I chose a very good time of year to make this trip, the middle of September, as it wasnt to crowded and it wasnt really hot. It rained a bit, adding "green" colors to the plant life

Room Tip: I stayed 3 nights in the basic hôtel, but want to try a condo suite next time for the added expérien...
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Everything was perfect EXCEPT that I had upgraded our room so that we would have a view of the property. Our deluxe room didn't even have a chair! Consequently we spent very little time in our room. (I can't recall ever staying in a room without a chair even in the smallest room ever outside Venice.). Other comment. You know how frustrated you are when a hostess seats the two of you at a corner two-top and the restaurant is maybe 1/4th full and will never be full. Well my upgraded room at Lajitas was right next to a similar corner room that had views from two different windows. I never saw another guest in my building the entire time, so they could have easily put us in that preferred room. I looked in the window; it didn't have a chair either! Food was excellent; General Store had great sandwiches; bakery was perfect for breakfast pastry (loved the little lady running the bakery); restaurant very good with manager by the table several times each visit just checking on us. Golf was superb; course in fabulous shape with incredible vistas although (I assume) the pro who checked us in obviously was bent out of shape at his assignment there--definite attitude. All in all we are glad we made the effort to get there--it isn't close to anything!

Room Tip: I wouldn't spend the extra $$ to upgrade to the Officer's Quarters.
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Wonderful secluded resort on Rio Grande, especially if you love golfing ! A little out of the way, but well worth the drive. Food was excellent and staff very helpful. We had the wedding at the little chapel, holding a maximum of 70, so keep in mind if your having more guests. The reception was help at the party house overlooking Mexico which lent to some awesome views.
Overall highly recommend this place for a destination wedding inside the US (barely) and very affordable.

Room Tip: Request a room at the Calvary Post, by far the best.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Still looking for a hotel?
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lajitas
Villa Terlingua 4.5 of 5 stars 10 reviews Maverick Ranch RV Park 4.5 of 5 stars 15 reviews
View all 0 hotels in Lajitas, ranked by popularity

Been to Lajitas Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!