My wife took me there as a birthday present to play golf and visit Big Bend National Park and Big Bend State park. This out of way distination was definitely worth the trip. Due to a hard freeze the golf course was closed and expected to reopen on Sept 1. My wife set up reservations for at the end of September as a birthday present. When we arrived we were informed that the course was open until Oct. 1. The resort went out of fheir way to accomadate us for the golf and let us play rounds before the course opened. Although there are still some damage that has not yet recovered from the freeze, the course was in nice condition. I played the course 2 times and thoroughly enjoyed it. I could have played 36 holes a day and would not have been disappointed or bored by the course. The first day I played they even had an employee (thanks Alan) play with me so I could get the layout of the course. I would recommend that anyone playing should at least or view each hole from the back tees. The view is amazing. Ruffin and his staff really went above an beyond to make sure it was a memorable experience.
There are plenty of outside activites to keep you occupied. We shot sporting clays and went on an evening trail ride and visited both parks. There is very little shopping so if this is your desire this is not the place for you. The local establishments were very intrigueing such as the Terlinqua Company store and Starlight Theatre.
This is a very pet friendly establishment that was very welcoming to our 2 Bulldogs. The accomodations were top notch but not overpriced. My wife loved the message that she received at the spa.
Although we don't have an RV, I was impressed by the quality of the RV resort on the grounds of the resort. Paved spaces with all of the necessary hookups, a laundry room and a pool.
Cell phone service was spotty at best but that was a plus to us because it allowed us to unwind with out all of the interruptions of our Houston home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lajitas Golf Resort & Spa offers a boutique resort setting nestled in the lowland desert between the majestic mountains of the Big Bend National Park and the Big Bend Ranch State Park in Texas. Featuring resort amenities with a Lanny Wadkins designed golf course, a relaxing spa, an Equestrian Center,and a variety of outdoor adventure activities of ATV and jeep tours, mountain biking, hiking, river rafting or just relaxing poolside soaking up the warmth and beauty of the pristine desert. In the evening visit the Resort's casual restaurant with outdoor seating with incredible vista views of the Big Bend mountains, or sip on a cool drink in the Thirsty Goat Saloon with live local music most nights and enjoy star gazing on the patio. Come and enjoy the "ultimate Big Bend experience!" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Lajitas Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lajitas Golf Hotel Lajitas
- Lajitas Golf Resort And Spa
- Lajitas Hotel
- Lajitas Resort Texas
- Lajitas Golf Resort & Spa Big Bend National Park