What a lovely little hotel! It has the most beautiful location, right on the little inner harbour, so all the town's amenities are a few steps away, yet good double glazing means there is no noise. The hotel is simply yet nicely furnished, and immaculately clean. The bedrooms are certainly small but perfectly adequate, with nice touches such as slippers, kettle, toiletries. Good quality towels changed daily.
The staff are very friendly and know your room number almost immediately. Breakfast a good selection of cereals, fruit, meats, cheese, pastries. Just what you would expect in Italy.
Would definitely recommend if you are looking for bed and breakfast only in a central location, yet a 5 minute walk from the beach and 2 minutes from the ferry terminal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ownership and the management of the Hotel Piroscafo by the Segattini family originates at the early part of the last century. At that time transport on the lake was by sailboats which could enter into the harbour. Travellers found accommodation and food in the hostelry known as Locanda Stella. The final renovation of the building was carried out at the start of the 1980's and the business took on the present characteristics, that of an hotel in a central location with a view of the quaint old harbour. It is of particular delight to those visitors who wish to stay in the traditional centre of Desenzano, taking advantage of the comforts that only the centre can offer: proximity to shops, restaurants and bars, the port and the other amenities of a typical small lakeside town. From the terrace on the first floor one has a privileged view of the main square of the town and guests may relax or sun bathe there, taking advantage of the bar service or the shows and concerts organised by the town council in the evenings during summer. The Hotel is equipped with a lift that serves nearly all rooms: only a few rooms need to be accessed by the stairs.The rooms are soberly furnished with modern and linear furnishings, equipped with colour SAT TV, direct telephone line, safe, air conditioning and internet Wi-Fi connection. All rooms are equipped with private bathroom, with shower or bath tube and hairdryer. Some have a small exclusive balcony with view on the harbour or direct access to the communal terrace situated on the first floor, and they could be booked on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Venere, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Hotel Piroscafo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Piroscafo Hotel Desenzano Del Garda
- Hotel Piroscafo Desenzano Del Garda, Lake Garda, Italy