We had holidayed on lake garda a number of times over the past few years and wanted a new location where we could, if possible, manage without hiring a car.
We stayed in one of the Villas at Villa Maria and they are all well furnished. There is a good pool, which was well used by our children and their friends. A local bus stop is just outside and a taxi to desenzano costs €10, when its too hot to walk. We managed without car hire which was great. The supermarket for those self catering is approx 5 mins walk away and will cater for most needs.
The grounds and pool are very well maintained and staff were all pleasant and helpful.
There are a number of quite nice resturants all within walking distance in Rivoltella, Eclips & Rossi & Rossi. Only missing being situ on the lake itself.
We travelled to Verona (20 mins by train) one of days and Venice was about 1.5 hours by Train. Ferries are great for travelling to different towns, but beware they finish pretty early in the evening. There is a local bus to Gardaland in the evening from Rivotella (approx. 25 mins)
We enjoyed our stay very much and found the Villa Maria a good base and not having a car was not a problem. We travelled up from Milan by Train.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the midst of a marvellous 3.7 acre park with secular trees, only 300 metres from the Garda Lake shores, the Villa Maria comprises the main hotel with 40 guest rooms, 24 beautiful three-room villas, a restaurant, and a congress centre. This elegant 4-star hotel in Desenzano del Garda offers spacious and quiet accommodations, all equipped with direct dial phone, mini fridge, safe, hair dryer, and flat-screen LCD TV with international channels. Wireless Internet access is available in all rooms and common areas, while an Internet point is at your disposal in the hall. Further on-site amenities include a wonderful outdoor swimming pool with spacious solarium terrace and a cocktail bar for a quick snack or an aperitivo. The Liberty-style villa houses the restaurant, where you can taste delicious Italian and international specialties, as well as vegetarian dishes. Moreover, you will enjoy the following facilities, free of charge: tennis court, bicycle rental, bowling green, and outdoor parking. Garage parking is subject to charges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Venere, Priceline, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Villa Maria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Maria Hotel And Residence
- Hotel Maria Residence
- Hotel Villa Maria Desenzano Del Garda, Lake Garda, Italy