After staying at this lovely hotel four times (twice as part of an organized tour and twice while traveling independently), I'm finally getting around to writing a long overdue review. While the hotel is a popular draw for vacationing European families, it is a wonderful, romantic place for couples as well. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. While the pool area can get crowded (it's sometimes a little difficult to find a free chair), the pool is beautiful, immaculate and so large that it's enjoyable even if there are a lot of people in the water. There's an outdoor bar, which serves drinks and light meals, and is a nice place to pass the evening after dinner. There is also a very good restaurant in the hotel where you can sit on a charming terrace surrounded by the lovely grounds and gardens. The staff is hardworking and friendly. I received a warm welcome upon arrival even after a four-year absence.
You should be aware that this hotel is in a residential area and not in the center of Desenzano. It is about a mile to the town and port area. It's a pleasant walk but you have other travel options if you are without a car as we were. There is a local bus that stops right down the street from the hotel and costs only one euro or you could borrow free bikes from the hotel if available. It's a quick,easy (mostly flat) ride into town.
I know that many Americans have never even heard of Lake Garda. They don't know what they're missing! I hope this review will encourage other people to visit Lake Garda and of course stay at Villa Maria!
- Also Known As:
- Villa Maria Hotel And Residence
- Hotel Maria Residence
- Villa Maria Hotel & Residence Desenzano Del Garda, Lake Garda, Italy
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the midst of a marvellous 3.7 acre park with secular trees, only 300 metres from the Garda Lake shores, the Villa Maria comprises the main hotel with 40 guest rooms, 24 beautiful three-room villas, a restaurant, and a congress centre. This elegant 4-star hotel in Desenzano del Garda offers spacious and quiet accommodations, all equipped with direct dial phone, mini fridge, safe, hair dryer, and flat-screen LCD TV with international channels. Wireless Internet access is available in all rooms and common areas, while an Internet point is at your disposal in the hall. Further on-site amenities include a wonderful outdoor swimming pool with spacious solarium terrace and a cocktail bar for a quick snack or an aperitivo. The Liberty-style villa houses the restaurant, where you can taste delicious Italian and international specialties, as well as vegetarian dishes. Moreover, you will enjoy the following facilities, free of charge: tennis court, bicycle rental, bowling green, and outdoor parking. Garage parking is subject to charges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Venere, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Villa Maria Hotel & Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.