“Disappointed, offered a lot but didn't deliver.” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Disappointed, offered a lot but didn't deliver.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Food was okay, but pricey for what it was, with poor service.
Two of us ate here. Ordered the bruschetta to share as a starter which was nice. My boyfriends beef then arrived which was lovely, but not much of it. The waitress then asked if I was eating... Yes. Disappeared and returned a few minutes later to say okay, on the way. A good twenty minutes later my food finally arrived, by which time my boyfriend had finished. They had obviously screwed up the order, but there was no word of apology, which annoyed me. I can understand mistakes happen, but an apology or explanation would have been nice.
Nice atmosphere, but service was also slow here with takin the original orders and bringing drinks etc even without the mistakes.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Terrible food and service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

We thought the resturant looked lovely from then outside how wrong we were, the food was tasteless the ingredients weren't fresh it was very disappointing the staff were very rude, all In all we were very disappointed and I would avoid this place there are definatly better places to eat!!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Brescia, Italy
“At Kapperi the customer certainly isn't always right!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant a couple of times in the past month and was looking forward to our easter family lunch there. I decided to order a pasta dish from the "specials" part of the menu as a change to the dish I had eaten and enjoyed on the previous visits. What a disappointment, the dish was absolutely tasteless and my sister in law who also ordered it said she was only eating it as she was so hungry. I asked my husband to taste it and he was in agreement so I decided to tell the owner as he passed by.He immediately went into defensive mode and sacarstically told me it was impossible the dish was tasteless as his chef was very good and he had every confidence in him, I said he could taste the dish if he wanted to but that there were three of us in agreement that it was tasteless. He gruginly offered me something else to eat and took my plate off to the kitchen only to emerge two minutes later to declare that he didn't know what I was talking about as he had tasted the pasta and it was "exquisite". What was it about the customer always being right?,I felt personally attacked , When the replacement meal came I told them to take it back and myself and the other nine members of family will certainly not be returning. This man behaved like a child and not the person responsable for a restaurant. He should book himself on to a customer service course before he loses any more customers!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Shanghai, China
“good food but not the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

very good food and wine.
but frankly speaking, the price is too high that I dont think it worth.
and the environment is just TOO NOISY, people talking out loud, baby crying like crazy, mother shouting to their kids...
too bad that good food, good service, but feel like eating in the supermarket.

Visited November 2012
dorset uk
“Fab”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We hadn't booked a table and when we arrived they were fully booked; however they offered us a place on the bar which was great! We were delighted with the service and the owner and her husband were very helpful and attentive. The food was delicious we had the anchovy starters, pasta and black rice dish and a selection of deserts! which were scrummy. We really enjoyed the evening and would highly recommend a visit, the atmosphere was great and the prices reasonable.

• Visited September 2012