“The best B&B I have ever stayed in” 5 of 5 stars

Villa Otium
Podere Colombaia | San Cipriano, 56048 Volterra, Italy   |
Ranked #9 of 25 Volterra B&B and Inns
Scotland
“The best B&B I have ever stayed in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2008

Referring to the comment below the “Worst hotel I've ever stayed in”, contrary to their comments, I think Villa Otium is a wonderful place, quite cheap compared the other B&B in the area. It is situated in an astonishing countryside 5 minutes from Volterra, a city located in the middle of Tuscany. The owners have been really welcoming and friendly with me as with my children. It is true what they say on their website, Villa is “a very friendly relaxing home”. If you stop for dinner you’ll pay an honest price for a delicious and delightful cuisine accompanied by good wine. If you want some company at the bar the owners are always willing to keep you entertained for a few hours, probably offering you something to drink. Everything the B&B offers is what I expect when I got on holiday. Villa Otium is what I call a five stars service.

Have an experience at Villa Otium at all costs!

• Liked — The Staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2008

Hi!!!
My name is Eleonora and I've been living in Paris for a number of years.
It's a long time since I returned to Italy for a vacation but during the August my boyfriend and I spent some marvelous days at Villa Otium!!!
Villa Otium is situated in a position from which it's possible to see a magnificent sunset while drinking a very nice glass of wine.
Furthermore, the staff are extremely pleasant and the atmosphere of Villa Otium is very friendly.
I also found them very competent with regards to both food and wine and would strongly recommend the restaurant, which is good and reasonably priced!
Additionally I greatly appreciated the sporting possibilities - specifically the opportunity to borrow a bicycle from Villa Otium.
In short, I must say, I spent some splendid days in this mansion and I keenly await my next opportunity to escape from France and return to the quiet tranquility of Villa Otium!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2008

An unbelievably bad experience. When we complained about the noise from the bar at 2am (the owner had friends round), the owner responded by turning the music up. One of the staff later threw stones at our bedrooom window. At breakfast we were ignored by the staff. Things then went from bad to worse when we went to pay the bill. We said we weren't willing to pay for the night in question, so the staff member walked off. When I asked him what he was doing he said he would deal with us in an "hour or two". Finally the owner came out and accused us of not being polite enough when we complained about the noise the night before.

Avoid at all costs!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Villa Otium? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Villa Otium

Address: Podere Colombaia | San Cipriano, 56048 Volterra, Italy
Location: Italy > Tuscany > Province of Pisa > Volterra
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool
Ranked #9 of 25 B&Bs / Inns in Volterra
Villa Otium is heaven where you will find hospitality, kindness and tranquillity. Immersed in the heart of the Tuscan countryside and only a few kilometres from the splendid Etruscan city of Volterra, which has been the cradle for history and culture for the last 3000 years. Villa Otium has been completely renovated and refurbished in typical Tuscan rustic style. The bedrooms and recreational areas introduce guests to a warm and inviting environment, away from the cold and formal structures that we are usually confronted with in modern lifestyles. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Villa Otium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Villa Otium, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.