“Annie Adair loves Volterra...and we love Annie Adair!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 activities in Volterra
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Tuscan Tour is run by Annie Adair and Francesco Gronchi and is based out of Volterra. We offer private guided tours of Volterra, as well as day-tours to Tuscany wineries, in areas ranging from Montalcino to Chianti to Bolgheri and the coast.
Council Bluffs, Iowa
3 attraction reviews
“Annie Adair loves Volterra...and we love Annie Adair!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Annie Adair is the ultimate tour guide!!! She LOVES her city of Volterra and it was such fun to spend a day with someone who is so full of enthusiasm and knowledge!!!! She made the city COME ALIVE for us. She is bright, articulate and just plain FUN! I would love to return to Volterra and I would love to spend a few more days with Annie Adair! She's a gem!

Visited September 2012

Stamford, Connecticut
3 attraction reviews
“Wonderful wedding planner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Annie and Francesco helped us with the logistics of our wedding in Siena. There are a lot of documents and bureaucracy to get through for Americans to get married in Italy ... but Annie took care of everything for us. She made all the necessary appointments at consulates and town halls and filed all the paperwork. The woman working in the U.S. Consulate in Florence told us that our wedding planner was one of the best - super prepared!

Annie also added little, thoughtful details that made everything so memorable. For example, she bought a postcard of Siena and had our guests all write a message to us - we received it in the mail a couple weeks after the wedding (having known nothing about it) and were delighted with the memento. :)

Tuscan Tours offers two levels of wedding planning services - simple and elaborate. We were planning a very intimate wedding with only 9 guests, so we weren't looking for a full wedding planning package - just someone to help us out with the paperwork and to recommend a photographer and a restaurant for the reception dinner. Tuscan Tours was one of the only wedding planning services I found that offers different pricing for something simple. Overall, their price was extremely reasonable. Annie was very responsive to all questions, and she was very clear about what was / was not included (which I very much appreciated!). Even though we had selected the simplest wedding planning package, I felt that we were valued customers and that Annie & Francesco were very much involved in making sure that we had the wedding of our dreams. Everything went off without a hitch, and we couldn't be happier!

Visited September 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Unbelievable, Annie rocks and we had the best day ever!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

My family (parents and sisters, age 13 and 18) and my husband and I booked a private all day walking tour with Annie. If you are even thinking twice about this, don't look back, and I highly recommend the private tour. Annie is amazing, incredibly friendly, smart, and clearly loves her town. She quickly became acclimated with our personalities and our likes, and began telling us the Volterra stories she knew we would be interested in. Also, she accommodated what we wanted to do rather than just applying some cookie cutter tour to us. The tour was fascinating, and the history of Volterra and and the surrounding areas in Tuscany is simply fascinating. We were all, kids and adults alike, completely entertained by the tour and everyone loved it.

We also booked a private alabaster crafting (for dad and the kids) class after the tour and my mom, husband and I did the wine tasting with Annie's awesome husband Francesco. I can say at least for the wine tasting, it was equally amazing. Francesco is great, an expert in wine and its history. He's not some snobby sommelier who thinks he's better than anyone else, rather he explained everything we thought we knew about (and clearly didn't!) in simple and easy to remember terms, with stories, and advice on how to taste certain flavors, and why the flavors do what they do, etc. As with Annie's tour, I would not for a second hesitate to do this again.

The best part about Annie's tour is that we were able to utilize her vast fountain of knowledge to help us with the rest of our Italy stay (about 1.5 more weeks). After she told us about the Palio in Siena, we got to go see the "race track" in person, and spent quite a while trying to find the race on tv. She told us various things about Italy and the Italian people that was so helpful in our attempts to find things and communicate with the locals on our trip.

Yay! So happy we did this!!!! Annie, you and Francesco are the best, we wish you the best, and whenever you are in Atlanta, Seattle, or New Orleans, please look us up!

Jaime D (Daughter of Dave and Pam, sisters Becca and Meg and husband Sriki)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visited June 2012
Mercer Island, Washington
“Day tour of Volterra absolutely phenomenal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Our tour with Annie Adair was one of the highlights of our trip. My family and I had a day-long tour of Volterra. Annie clearly loves this town, and we came to as well. She is a font of knowledge, and my one regret was not having a tape recorder to help remember all of the information she imparted. She was funny and informative, and very gracious with one daughter who has some medical issues. She gave us excellent recommendations regarding restaurants and such. Toward the afternoon, we split into two groups, one going to an alabaster workshop with Giorgio and Roberto, and the other going to a wine tasting with Annie's husband, Francesco. Both groups had a phenomenal time.
The entire experience was fantastic, and I would absolutely recommend this experience to anyone. We enjoyed it so much we extended our stay in Volterra for another three days!

Visited June 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“Tuscan Tour Volterra”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Awesome tour by Annie J. Adair & Francesco Gronchi of Tuscan Tours. We had so much fun. Annie is knowledgeable and brought Volterra to life for us. The alabaster shop was cool. Annie gave us a tour of this beautiful Tuscan town and then Francesco hosted us for a wine tasting.

Visited May 2012