We decided on Torre Barbara based on the ratings on Tripadvisor for our one week trip to visit with friends who live in Vico Equense and spend time visiting the many tourist areas of the Amalfi Coast. While the hotel lived up to expectation related to cleanliness, friendly staff, and wonderful views of Vesuvio, the location and transportation options made for a difficult week. The hotel shuttle was virtually non-existent as it only made a few scheduled drop-off and pickups from the local train station about two miles (1.5km) from the hotel. We were given the option to get the local bus outside the hotel, but many times it did not show up at the specified time or at all. Many times, the information provided by the hotel staff was wrong, leaving us stranded either at the train station or out front of the hotel. Had we known that the shuttle was as undependable as it turned out to be, we would have selected a more convenient hotel to get around the area. The hotel staff did try hard to accommodate us, but unfortunately, they could not. We ended up spending $20-25 for each one-way trip by taxi just to get back and forth to Sorrento because we could not get a ride to the train station after 6:30PM or from the train station after 10PM. Who gets back that early when having a dinner reservation in Sorrento at 9PM? And you don't want to be making this long walk on this stretch of mountainous road with speeding cars and vespers with no regard for people walking. The breakfast each morning was fine and the service was friendly and supporting. The internet access in the room was better than expected and quite convenient for me to keep up with office emails while away.
- Also Known As:
- Torre Barbara Hotel
- Torre Barbara Vico Equense
- Hotel Torre Barbara Vico Equense, Italy - Province Of Naples
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Torre Barbara is the ideal place for those who wish to spend an unforgettable vacation overlooking the Gulf of Naples, just a few kilometers from the centre of Sorrento and places of major interest in the Campania region: Naples, Pompeii, Herculaneum, Caserta, Positano, Amalfi and the Amalfi Coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your Hotel Torre Barbara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.