If you are looking for the perfect getaway we want to let all travelers know that there is a little boutique hotel in Vico Equense on the Isla Sorrentina that is a must for all interested in a romantic getaway.
From the moment we arrived we were embraced by the wonderful staff and the beautiful designer accommodations.
First we met Valentina, who we contacted via e-mail. She registered us and got us settled into a wonderful room with a balcony/porch with lounge chairs overlooking the bay of Naples! We also had a view from our bathroom of the beautiful outdoor grotto where the bar is located and where breakfast and dinner is served as well as the pool!
Kudos goes out to Rosa, who upon our arrival showed us the most wonderful warm welcome that was beyond our expectations. She immediately plugged into our stay and our needs, and promptly presented us with a day by day excursion itinerary, based upon our discussions! Needless to say that she was wonderful.
Each morning we went down to the grotto where Elena had meticulously prepared
the bouffet breakfast. Breakfast included a delightful combintion of juices, teas and espresso, cappucino, cafe americano, hot chocolate, croissants and assorted home made cakes, breads, cheeses, salamis and ham, jams, yogurt, and cereals.
When we wanted to drive the Amalfi Coast, Rafaela gave us driving directions to Positano, Priano, Amalfi, Ravello and which were the best/popular sites to see.
Torre Barbara is a little off the beaten path but has all the amenities to overcome not being "in town"
One of the ways they do this is with the help of Marco.
Marco will take you to nearby Seano to catch an earlyhydrofoil to Capri
Or he will take you to the train station for a day trip to Pompei.
Whatever you need, Marco is there to help. he is the best!
Many times we had been out all day and wanted to have our dinner at the Hotel.
Bruno was our charming bartender who made cocktails at happy hour and also
was our waiter at dinner.
We recommend this wonderful hotel for a swept away experience!
T & D - NY
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Torre Barbara is the ideal place for those who wish to spend an unforgettable vacation overlooking the Gulf of Naples, just a few kilometers from the centre of Sorrento and places of major interest in the Campania region: Naples, Pompeii, Herculaneum, Caserta, Positano, Amalfi and the Amalfi Coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Venere, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Torre Barbara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Torre Barbara Hotel
- Torre Barbara Vico Equense
- Hotel Torre Barbara Vico Equense, Italy - Province Of Naples