We stayed at Torre Barbara as a base from which to explore Sorrento, Capri, Naples and the Amalfi Coast by car. Upon arrival, I couldn't imagine where to stop the car as the villa is perched directly above the busy road. A sharp bend led up a steep driveway and into the hotel's spacious car park. Our plan was to drive on into Sorrento after check-in but the extremely helpful receptionist suggested taking the train into downtown Sorrento for only one euro each way! The hotel offered us a free shuttle service to the nearby station and within about 15 minutes we found ourselves in the attractive bustling town center. Our room was absolutely stunning: spacious, newly refurbished and it led out onto a small terrace with fabulous views of the bay towards Naples. Though the road below threatened to be noisy, the hotel seems to have excellent double-glazing on the windows: there was no traffic to be heard at night. As it was late October we had breakfast and dinner indoors in a windowless basement but we were told that in summer food is served outside. The spacious garden looked inviting but it is probably noisy in the summertime due to the sound of traffic below.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Torre Barbara is the ideal place for those who wish to spend an unforgettable vacation overlooking the Gulf of Naples, just a few kilometers from the centre of Sorrento and places of major interest in the Campania region: Naples, Pompeii, Herculaneum, Caserta, Positano, Amalfi and the Amalfi Coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Venere, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Torre Barbara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Torre Barbara Hotel
- Torre Barbara Vico Equense
- Hotel Torre Barbara Vico Equense, Italy - Province Of Naples