“great experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Il Calicanto B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vico Equense
Il Calicanto B&B
You added Il Calicanto B&B to your Saves list
Via Sconduci 41, 80069 Vico Equense, Italy   |
Ranked #11 of 32 Vico Equense B&B and Inns
Geneva, Switzerland
“great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is the nicest B&B I ever stayed in, mostly because the owners Emmanuela and Bartolo made me feel so at home. In addition to their generosity, the house, rooms and location are also really lovely.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Lausanne, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

First of all the place and the rooms are exactly what you expect....; nice and clean with all the necessary confort. The B&B is well situated, but still in a calm place. Emmanuela & Bartolo are very nice and service minded, doing what it takes to make your stay a nice experience. Would definitely recommend it. I will come back, that is for sure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I am getting prepared to leave this beautiful place tomorrow and really I don't want to go, I already extended and stayed 2 extra days but I know I will definitely be back. I found it by accident and I'm so glad I did, before this I couldn't understand tourists who fell in love with Italy and always wanted to return. However now I' m hooked. I travel a lot and often alone so to find a place where I was treated so well not only made my trip but also allowed me to get an insight to Italian family life that I could not have experienced at a hotel of even renting out a private apartment. I've stayed at B&B's before but this experience was special. This family open their home and heart to you. You could not ask for better hosts. I highly recommend this place to anyone who wants to experience Italy without the masses of tourists. Its a great place to practice your Italian and I wish I knew about it sooner. The beaches are beautiful and not overcrowded. The water is lovely and the town is not overly expensive with extortionate prices that you find in Sorrento and Positano and Almalfi. You can base yourself here and see it all. Sorrento is 10 mins and 1.30 Euro on a train. The train is 5 minutes walk. A great coffee in a cafe costs me 1 Euro and the pizza here is fantastic. People come from all over the world to learn at the University of Pizza which is a 5 minute walk away also. The sunsets are breathtaking, and the rooms are lovely, always hot water and they also have WIFI. I think this town is a secret the Italians were keeping for themselves, I hope it doesn't change as this is really Italy

Room Tip: All rooms were double with on-suite so whatever room you get will be lovely