“The Freshest Food Ever” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
LI,NY
“The Freshest Food Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Having stayed at Cubo Apartments for 9 nights my husband and I ate here at Signum all but 3 nights. Anna, who owns Cubo along with her husband Alfonso, cooks all the meals and bakes all the pasteries for breakfast on the property, After meeting Anna once we checked into the hotel, she wanted nothing more than to feed us. After we dropped out luggage we went down to the outdoor patio area where the staff was having a mid afternoon meal. Right away Anna and Alsonso welcomed us with a plate of fresh pasta with a parmesian sauce and a glass of white wine. It was outstanding. My husband does not normally like cream sauces but this was very light and airy and he loved it. In speaking with Anna, she made a conscious effort to know our likes and dislikes. When we sat down for dinner and the menu was presented we just said "what does Anna suggest"? The wait staff (Salvatore or Lucia) would say "I will check" and come back with the offering from Anna, which we never refused. We never ordered off the menu and every meal was outstanding. All the items were very fresh and made from sctrach, From appertizers to main course and wine selection (which we had everytime) each was perfect. We never had room for dessert. We had Caprese Salad and Pasta Vongole (clams). Octopus with tomato and other veggies and seasoning on a round ciabatta bread (that is on the menu) and the best Ravioli we ever had. Anna puts several differnt cheeses and meats in the filling and they are large. It was my husbands best meal. Another night we had deep fried zucchini flower and tuna and sea bass over fresh pasta. One night I had sushi (which Anns makes fresh as ordered) which was out of this world (go figure in Italy) while my husband had a repeat of the Ravioli. He did actually eat some of the sushi and thought is was very good. Our last night Anna made us a special dinner of zuppz de pesce, she says she loves to make it but it takes some time. It was delicious, fish with other shellfish in a tasty broth and lots of bread to soak up the juice. We can not say enough of our meals at Signum. We live in New York and have plenty of great restaurants and this was by far one of our favorites. I am already missing the food and hope to try and make some of these myself. If you want a casual relaxing atmosphere with great food and staff this is the place to go. They do have room service where you can enjoy your dinner on you own balcony, inside the restaurant, outside on first floor patio or on the rooftop patio. As the weather was warm outside we chose the inside restaurant area which is beautiful.

• Visited September 2013

Buckinghamshire, Uk
“Absolutely delicious home cooking with local produce”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

The Signum restaurant is attached to the Cubo appartments (all highly recommended) and offers both Mediterranean cuisine and sushi. It has both inside tables and tables on a ground floor terrace and a 2nd floor terrace with stunning views of the Bay of Naples. We ate the Mediterranean cuisine of Chef Anna - beautifully fresh and delicately seasoned seafood starters, homemade ravioli to die for - and a lovely seafood spaghetti. All the food is prepared simply with excellent flavours, and much comes from the owner's garden. The pastries and cakes served both for dessert and for breakfast were also delicious. Budget on about 30 euros per head.

Lexington, Massachusetts
“World Class Chef”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

My husband and I had the good fortune to dine at Signum a number of times during our stay at Cubo Apartments in Vico Equense. This restaurant is made great by the talents of Chef Anna. While we did not sample her specialty sushi offerings, we truly savored the mediterranean preparations that she expertly crafted. We dined on her vongole pasta, salmon, tuna, and beef tenderloin. Each of these dishes was cooked to perfection, layered with flavors, and artistically plated. Anna is a Master Chef! In addition to her creativity that is so evident in her dinner menu, she is also an accomplished pastry chef and prepares all of the cakes, tarts, and best-ever Baba au Rhum that are offered in the bar/caffe. Chef Anna is friendly, endearing, and generous with her talents and her time. She even graciously invited me into her kitchen so that we could collaborate and learn from each other. That is who Anna is - a top chef with a huge heart. So eat here and love the food. And also love the person who is Anna. She is one of the most talented, industrious, and gracious people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. And can she ever cook!

Vero Beach, FL
“Great food cooked by Ana!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My family and I ate at this restaurant several times while recently staying in Vico Equense. We all enjoyed our delicious meals carefully prepared by Ana. We had several different dishes: chicken, steak, ravioli, vegetarian dishes, and they were all wonderful!

Boston
“Just right”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Chef Anna is a genius in the kitchen and will prepare a meal you will not soon forget. I tried the beef, chicken, and pasta and all were equally amazing. If you want something slightly different than what is on the menu, there is no harm in asking; Anna will make you proud. Dinners were just right: filling without being overbearing and light without being left wanting.
I did not try the seafood or sushi, but I understand those are the house specialties. Imagine how good they must be!
Highly recommended.