“A very good hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 56 hotels in Viareggio
Vaasa, Finland
“A very good hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed 4 nights in this hotel by the end of October. The hotel staff and the owner were friendly people. We got upgraded to a larger room with balcony and partial sea-view.The room was very comfortable and clean. The reception staff spoke good English.The breakfast was good too.Being the low season the price was moderate. We enjoyed our stay in the hotel although the weather in Viareggio in this period was not so good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

77 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This hotel was booked by a friend of mine. I was pleasantly suprised to see how good the hotel was. It was very centrally located. The hotel was clean with decent size rooms. The staff were so friendly, they went out of their way to make sure we had all our needs seen too. I was surprised to learn the rating on this hotel - I would have expected it to be much higher. The breakfast was included with an open buffett and a wide variety of food. We went for a 3 night break to Tuscany and I was completly happy with our stay there, even though we went out of season. The bus station is a few minutes walk away, the bars and beach front and restaurants are all within walking distance.
I was attacked by mosquito's the staff were so caring and put a plug in with a tablets in my room and the reception guy put vinegar on my bites which soothed them down.
I can't find a bad word to stay about the hotel and its staff.

Room Tip: I had room number 107 which was a big size single room with a small balcony. My friend had room num...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
bath, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

we nearly didnt stay here as it did not get a very high rating, but I am so very very glad I went with my instinct. I fail to understand why it didnt get a higher recommendation. We stayed for 3 nights, wanting a short break in a typical, somewhat dated classically seaside resort.

The location was perfect, with an excellent view of the beaches, sunsets, and people "strutting their stuff", from both the balcony - but better from the roof-top terrace. Despite being on the seafront, the double glazing was good and thus the rooms were not noisy. The rooms were acceptably sized, maybe a bit small but I have been in a lot smaller and it was nice to have the balcony. A lot of the competitors were set back in side streets which to my mind must have compromised the beachside view.

The breakfast was one of the best I have had in Italy with an excellent variety and we ate enough to skip lunch!

I rarely return, believing there are lots of other places to stay, however this is one hotel that I would make an exception for should I return to the area - by far the nicest resort for actually staying at along that bit of coast

Room Tip: We were on the first floor and so had some slight noise from the room above; our friends had a sligh...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My girlfriend and I just returned from a long weekend to Viareggio, where we stayed at Hotel Eden. We would be extremely hard pushed to find anything bad to say about the hotel, but have no problem at all telling the World just how good it is. I wanted to sit and write this review now in hopes of combating some of the post holiday blues we are both experiencing after returning to rainy England.

The service was excellent and very welcoming. The gentleman who greeted us upon arrival was a real professional who had a great knowledge of the local area. All the staff we engaged with had a smile and a greeting for you. Everyone was very capable at their jobs.

The room was outstanding. Very clean, reasonably stylish and a good size. When we walked into our room (#402 on the 4th Floor) a shutter was down. My girlfriend said "oh does that lead to a balcony". "Nahhh their won't be a balcony, bebs" I replied. We pushed the button to raise the shutter. To my surprise and both of our delight, it did indeed lead to a balcony...a cosy fenced off patio area that joined onto the roof terrace. The roof terrace was spectacual, catching every bit of sunshine and providing an amazing view. We spent every sunset up there. The bathroom also deserves a special mention, it has all the mod cons and the shower packs a punch.

Breakfast was excellent...an all you can eat self serve buffet. A mans man I hit the eggs and bacon hard, whilst my girlfriend (the carb lover) was in heaven with the selection of pasteries. There was something for everyone and the options were vast. The food was fresh and when something started to run low, the kitchen staff were quick to replenish it.

The location...wow, the location! Hotel Eden is situated in what I would call the best spot in Viareggio. A 4 minute walk from the bus station, on the main street and just 1 block from the beach. It is in the heart of it so you are smack bang in the middle everything. The Desk Manager gave us a friendly tip to try "Sa Player" for dinner (its a restuarant almost directly oposite the hotel). The food there was phenomenal and reasonably priced...two of us each having a starter, main and drinks was coming out at about 45 Euros. The portions were big and if you're into seafood then you will not find anywhere better.

The hotel in general is perfect for a short or long stay. We've now done the short, which has encouraged us to stay for longer next year. Viareggio, staying at Hotel Eden will be our main holiday in 2013. Viareggio is a vibrant, friendly and beautiful place, buzzing with vibrant, friendly and beautiful people...I took more than one left hook from my girlfriend for my wondering eyes. You'll love Viareggio and you'll love Hotel Eden.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We've just got home from a wonderful week in Viareggio, staying at Hotel Eden. The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly, some spoke more english than others, and all seemed appreciative of our limited efforts at Italian!
The breakfast was plentiful, if a little basic, served in a very clean environment just off the hotel lobby. All rooms had a balcony with chairs and a small table. The shower was great, powerful and always hot. The air conditioning was easy to use. Our room was looking over a small side street, and all rooms seemed to have some view of the sea, some more "limited" than others! The roof terrace was a lovely addition, especially in the evening, watching the sunset with a bottle of chianti.
A couple of small "complaints" would be the safe situation, there were safes located in reception, rather than the rooms, and a lack of umbrellas on the roof terrace. The beaches are clean, but being on the Italian coast, cost money. A typical 2 sun loungers and umbrella set up cost around 15-20 euros per day, and you don't get to choose where you want to sit, the "lifeguard/beach manager" directed you to your allotted location.
If you're seeking a typical beach holiday, then this is probably not the location for you. The "free beach" was about 10m wide, stuck down the end of the private beaches. If however you're looking for wonderful food, a great location for exploring the area (florence, lucca and the cinque terre boat trip are a must, and all very easy get to on the train, so no need to bother with the travel company excursions) then Viareggio is well worth a visit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
preston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

This hotel is ok if you just want somewhere to sleep,no where to sit at all only bedroom,did have balcony but to noisy tosit on traffic noise fumes day, night.Roof terrace with tables,chairs but no sun shades.at temp 36 to hot to sit on..The Resort itself is quite run down,If you like Blackpool, you will like this resort. Avoid room 307 we had ants ondressing table and floor .

Room Tip: Avoid room 307 ants on dressing tale and floor also traffic noise.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

If you want a good base to explore Tuscany, this is it. You get the breeze and relaxing sea side resort with lots of places to eat, (you must try 8etti on the road behind the hotel to the right, better value and fantastic food), but with a 10 min walk to the train station you can explore with a 90 mins ride to Florence and 20 mins to Pisa. The hotel staff were all friendly and spoke a bit of English as did most of the waiters at the restaurants. The room was comfortable, clean with a nice balcony and sun lounger on the roof giving great views. We really enjoyed our stay here, it wasn't fancy, but it had everything we needed.

Room Tip: Rooms that have a sea view will be on the main road and therefore in full public view, if you want a...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Eden? Share your experiences!