1. The location is perfect, you just cross a road from the hotel, and you're at the beach (which is complimentary for guests), The view from our room was amazing, you could go out onto the balcony area and watch the street and the sea view and the sunsets!
2. The food was also really good, there was not an evening meal where the standard of the food wasn't up to an excellent standard, really tasty 3 course meals
3. The hotel itself, the reception area was really nice, there were a number of rooms one could sit in and socialise or relax with lovely decor. The dining area for us was actually in large white outdoor tent area, it was undercover but still had the feel of outdoors. Near the dining room was a range of seating areas, including hammocks which the young people especially seemed to enjoy. The pool was also kept clean, and wasn't too cold! and there was a lifeguard most of the time.
4. The staff, were friendly greeted us everyday at breakfast and always remained professional.
5. Noise- now mostly, when we were there there wasn't any issues with noise. However due to the fact the nature of the area is quite a busy atmospheric sea side resort,there was actually a great carnival on one night which we really enjoyed. though, little did we know that it would be passing our hotel again at 2.30am which wasn't the best thing to happen.
6.Our room- was kept stocked with clean towels every morning if needed and cleaned by the staff. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were spacious. No problems with the room
All in all, there isn't anything negative I could say about this trip, I had a brilliant time the area is great (bit expensive I must admit), the beach is definitely work visiting, you can also walk to the station (15min walk) and catch the train to Pisa for the day very cheaply which is worth doing. I would definitely like to return one day!
Sea view rooms would probably be the best one to go for
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay, especially after 9 months and as always, it is a delight to see that the Service element was remarked upon. I hope we might see you again at The Grand Hotel Royal and that we live up to your previous experience.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.