“Perfect Stay to relax” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 55 Hotels in Viareggio
Port Washington, Wisconsin
“Perfect Stay to relax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I selected this hotel based on the comments reviewed. I am originally from Italy but never being in this town. I had business meetings in Siena so I wanted a nice place to stay for 3 nights to relax by the sea. From the time I walked in until the moment I left, I felt like being home and treated by family. The room was great on the 5th floor with corner views. The room was big and had a nice desk to work. The LCD TV was fantastic and selection of the channels even better. Watched many italian programs but I was more excited to see FOX news . It is my favor station in the USA and do not care much for CNN. This made my stay even better. I did not find anything wrong with the hotel and would be back with no problems and will suggest to anyone. The people working were fantastic and all of them did a great job, showing that care about their guests.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room facing the sea. The extra money you pay is worth it . I had a corner room with...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I have nothing but great things to say about my recent stay at Hotel President. It's a charming, friendly, immaculately clean hotel. The front desk staff always had a smile and friendly welcome whenever we returned from a days excursion. The were helpful and informative about local/small trips to take.
I have several food issues, namely Gluten and more of a problem corn intolerances. I had been in touch via email prior to my arrival and Laila had investigated their distributors and found they could supply gluten & corn free products. My meals were amazing! I was one of 24 in our group but each night my dinner was given great attention. Each morning I was brought a plate of rice products which I took for during the day. Without this special attention my fantastic holiday would not have been nearly as enjoyable. I would certainly recommend Hotel President. What a lovely location too, right across from the beach.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

On a Senior Tour stay-put holiday from Canada with 23 in our group. Worth to me to pay a little extra for room 303 to people and sunset watch off the balcony. Staff performed miracles with dinner. Room very clean and comfortable. Had a plug in the bathroom for North American appliances. We stayed 13 nights here and enjoyed every minute!

• Stayed October 2012
Bideford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Just arrived back after a long weekend with friends staying at the President and would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. The location overlooking the seafront is excellent and our reception staff Laila and Marcello could not have been more friendly or helpful. We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis and our rooms were immediately upgraded on arrival. My guess is that all the rooms would have been of a very good quality and our rooms overlooking both the beach and sidewalk were perfect for us. We thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast, even the boiled eggs were cooked to my very high standards! and there was an excellent selection of fruits, cereals and pastries.

Okay, Viarreggio is not going to be the most exciting place to visit at the end of October. The weather had decided to change the day we arrived with heavy rain and the temperature had dropped about 15 degrees from the previous weekend. However, we weren't there for a beach holiday, had a hire car and found it to be an excellent place to return to after our trips out to Florence, on the train, Lucca, Pisa and St Gimaningo via the Chianti wine region.

Viarreggio old town is generally very quiet at this time of year but with Laila and Marcello's help we found a couple of excellent traditional Italian restaurants that were busy and also a bar with a live band playing Beatles and Bowie. Great night!. It is all in Viarreggio but sometimes you have to look a bit harder to find it!.

All in all a very successful trip enhanced by the quality and location of the hotel and its staff. Will definitely return.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Just like to share our (Wife,me and two friends) thoughts regarding the Hotel President. The people on reception were extremely pleasent and very helpful. The decor throughout the hotel was to an high standard and clean. Both bedrooms were very clean and well appointed, there was no charge for safe, unlike some hotels we've stopped at . We were allocated a sea and promenade facing room the double glazing was very efficient at blocking out any traffic noise. The window had an electically operated metal roller blind which was good at keeping the sun during the day and the street lighting at night out of the room. We were very pleased that we went half board as the meals were very good and served by great waiters. The menu was changed three times during the week and there was a good choice of meals on each occasion.
We all agreed that we would have no problem stopping at this hotel again. Unfortunately, Thomson's are not flying from Manchester next year!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Bergen, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Hotel for seniors, it has good food and high service level. But very quiet after dinner, so if you are looking for action go somwhere else. Be aware of the beach deal for the Bagno they provide - 10 euro for 2 sun chairs, if you want sunbeds it is 10 Euro extra.

• Stayed September 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My mum and I have just returned from a wonderful weeks stay at the hotel President.We had a corner room on the second floor complete with two balconies one looking directly over the sea the other a side view.The hotel was first class,lovely decor friendly staff excellent four course meal every night served by friendly waiters.The location is great just accross the road from the beach,handy for shops and good for bus and train journeys.We booked several trips through Thomson to Florence.pisa and Portofino and Lucca my only gripe being that we didnt have enough free time on these trips to explore ourselves but you can always use the train/bus at your leisure.Hotel was very clean,staff attentive and other guests friendly felt like home from home,Italy is beautful and we would love to return!

Room Tip: Choose a corner room,this way you get two balconies
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family