“Worst breakfast ever” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Apollo

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Viareggio
Hotel Apollo
Viale Carducci, 76, 55049 Viareggio, Italy   |
Ranked #30 of 55 hotels in Viareggio
Buckinghamshire
“Worst breakfast ever”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

First it has to be said that the owner is very pleasant and the dining room is beautifully presented. Our room was small and cramped (but with a very high ceiling); however we were only staying for one night so that was OK - the bed was fine. The shower was also fine with plenty of hot water. However the breakfast was, to say the least, somewhat lacking. A couple of croissants, some very sugary apple turnovers, a small bowl of muesli and some yougurts and that was it. Tea in a pot without a lid and no orange juice - just some disgusting powdered pineapple flavoured stuff and something else that tasted of nothing I had ever had before.

I also thought that this was an expensive hotel relating to what was on offer. Mind you everything in Viareggio is expensive (and the sea is filthy).

Room Tip: Rooms at the front suffer from traffic noise, those at the back overlook the garden and are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
hotelapolloversilia, Direttore at Hotel Apollo, responded to this review, June 3, 2012
Dear Guest, I read with pleasure his review on the friendliness and professionalism of hotel staff that I direct. Ffor the breakfast I can not agree with her in a series of rather simple reasons that I list below:
1) the breakfast buffet is served Italian-style croissants (certainly there could be 2 pieces as they prepare in large quantities) sourdough cooked fresh every morning, honey and jams of the highest quality, fresh fruit, muesli South Tyrol and cakes are on hand every morning (pie, apple pie, etc..).
2) As for the fruit juice nectars we use only 100% of the leading companies and non-lyophilized, orange juice, in fact, was of Sicilian blood orange PGI, one of the most pleasing and quality on the market.
3) We use porcelain teapot with lid and for this I apologize for distracting room staff has not brought the teapot with lid. If he had also informed by the reception I would have turned to understanding and solving the problem.
4) As for the breakfast is available upon request with additional cost, including an international breakfast dishes with salty cured meats, cheeses and eggs.
5) Finally, I indicate that I have hosted it in the last 2 months only a couple of people of the United Kingdom, which were also at dinner in our gourmet restaurant Aphrodite, enjoying all the dishes tasted, so I can not identify your complaint that I just related to our philosophy of charming hotels and gourmet. The answer is still useful to clarify our philosophy and our company policy that favors a breakfast in the way of life close to the quality of Italian products in the choice of fruit juice and yoghurt and the quality and naturalness cakes and pastries made in house.

78 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)

Been to Hotel Apollo? Share your experiences!