“Will be back” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 55 hotels in Viareggio
Ottawa
“Will be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

I stayed here during the Carnaval of Viareggio and Ferragosto. I arrived in Viareggio on train from Florence at 23h. Roads were dark, hotels were busy or hiking up prices to ungodly amounts. Finally, after about an hour of dragging my backpack, I entered the Hotel Firenze with little expectations asking if they had any available rooms for the night.

I was almost given the same answer that the 10 hotels prior to this one gave me until a kind man, young Henry Kissinger look-alike at the front desk, chatting with two of his friends, paused. He thought and said in Italian that perhaps there was a little room that could suit me. He brought me upstairs, essentially on the rooftop, to a row of spartan little rooms that only fit a single bed.

For the next four nights, I ended up staying at the hotel, always greeted with a smile on my face. Il Canadiense that spoke Spanish. Any questions I had they answered. I had a terrace on the roof to myself. On my last night, Aldo - I think that was his name, he of the young Henry Kissinger look-alike - helped me get to Forte Dei Marmi in taxi and made sure I was given impeccable service. And when I checked out the next morning, this beautiful Italian woman who must have been 35 years of age but looked about 25, sent me out with a smile and a grazie.

This was an enjoyable experience. Service was very personal in spite of my terrible Italian, value was excellent, only 35 Euros a night albeit for a small backroom, and cleanliness great, I was always treated to a clean room when coming back from the beach or other meanderings. I suspect this is a family owned hotel just because of the friendliness and camaraderie among the front desk staff.

All in all, a hotel in Viareggio, I would most definately recommend.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

Nice little hotel, inepensive and clean. Not a hotel to stay in if you are used to elegant 5 star hotels, it feels more like a hostel.

• Stayed January 2006

Been to Hotel Firenze? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Firenze

Address: Piazza D'Azeglio 34, 55049 Viareggio, Italy
Location: Italy > Tuscany > Province of Lucca > Viareggio
Bar / Lounge Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Wheelchair access
Ranked #33 of 55 hotels in Viareggio
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Hotel Firenze reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hotel Firenze, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.