“Clear water” 4 of 5 stars

Copenhagen, Denmark
3 attraction reviews
“Clear water”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stunning Thyrrhenian sea with crystal clear water!! Would not recommend public beaches- too many people. The private beaches are very expensive ,39 Euro for 2 sunbeds and parasol! Be aware of excessive boat traffic to close to the shorline.

Visited August 2013

• Czech first
Albuquerque, New Mexico
16 attraction reviews
“Gorgeous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This beach is amazing. The church on the cliff next to it is beautiful. I was here in spring so there were only two other families. I'm sure in the summer it's packed.

Visited March 2013
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Tropea is very nice , but not one of the best beaches”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

A group of us spent a week in Tropea a few years ago and I was amazed to see it under the heading as one of the best beaches.
The water was clear, blue warm and clean but as is usual in the mediterranean it was pebbly.
The beach was soooo crowded. I started of with my umbrella and chair but in a few hours I was nose to cheek with hundreds of others just parked side by side. I personally don't like beaches like this. I have been to many, many better beaches in the world.

The Town of Tropea itself was beautiful, an Italian vacation town for Italians... hardly any other language heard which was just fine by us even if our Italian is pitiful.
The shops and restaurants were great and the tiny alleyways just wonderful with new and exciting things around each corner. ( Our car got jammed in one!) Our accommodation high up in the cliff was fabulous with views to die for.
Go for the culture and views but not the beach.

Visited August 2012
21 attraction reviews
“Good but not Top”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I spent 2 weeks in the south of Italy for business trip .. I visited Tropea Beach .. It was good but from my point of view it don't deserve to be one of top beaches. the beach in Tropea is just nice!

Visited January 2013
Bucharest, Romania
5 attraction reviews
“Breathtaking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

It is absolutely gorgeous. Tropea town is located high on the rocks and you can see the whole beach from there. It's breathtaking.
The town has old buildings and it looks impressive. You can find lot's of souvenir boutiques as well as many restaurants, taverns and cafes.
There are lots of villas to rent, a big camping place on the beach and small hotels with decent prices. The southern part of Italy has always been cheaper than the northern part.
I recommend pasta with Calabria tomato sauce, it is very spicy but very tasty. You can actually by Calabria spices from the small shops from the town.
I also recommend "Tartufo di Pizzo " ice cream. It's a special ice cream recipe and you cannot find it anywhere in the world. Actually, the ice cream recipe comes from Pizzo, a town located at about 50 km from Tropea and it is absolutely delicious.
I would definitely like to go back to Tropea in the future.

Visited August 2012