“Feel and breathe the special Umbrian Lifestyle!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Ciao! We are Alessandra and Leonardo, your food and wine local guides in Umbria, the Green Heart of  Italy! Join us for an unforgettable experience, amazing wine and food holidays and delightful customized tours designed to lead you through a wonderful discovery of thousands of years of culture and tradition across our magical home-land of Umbria!Umbria awaits you, discover it with us!
Vancouver, British Columbia
“Feel and breathe the special Umbrian Lifestyle!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

There is simply no better guide and expert on the Umbrian lifestyle through amazing wine, olive oil, food and historical tours. Alessandra is a pro of the first order. You will come away with a wonderful warm feeling about the beautiful people of Umbrian and their family run businesses that pay particular attention to the environment and slow food principles.
Personally, I feel very privileged that Alessandra and I have partnered in a cooking and touring program each year in early June in Todi for the past six years ........ and many more to come!

Visited June 2013

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

11 attraction reviews
“Fantastic tour, experience and wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful tour guide we had. Alessandra guided us through the countryside and to wineries, explaining along the way, the types of grapes, soils, weather, etc. Had a beautiful lunch with local fare at Montafalco, and Todi, and enjoyed the shops and food throughout the tour.

Visited September 2012
San Francisco, CA
“Awesome Olive Oil Tasting Tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife and I toured the Umbria region with Allessandra and it was incredible! We toured the Umbria countryside just outside of Todi, visited a local olive oil plantation, and toured Bevagna, a medieval town. This tour was one of the highlights of our trip to Italy. Allessandra was phenomenal in sharing with us the history and culture of Umbria. The olive oil plantation was amazing. We tasted multiple olive oils and learned about the plantation's history and production of olive oil. The Umbria region is beautiful and I highly recommend this tour.

Charlottesville, Virginia
“Discovering Umbria Wine and Food Tours - wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Alessandra is absolutely fantastic! We visited in June 2013 and had a short window of time where we wanted to visit some vineyards in Umbria. After contacting Discovering Umbria, Alessandra arranged a private trip (total of 3 people) for a wonderful day of wine-tasting and touring the beautiful Umbrian countryside. She is friendly, knowledgeable, and took us to spots we would have never found on our own. Reasonably priced and Highly recommended!

Toronto, Canada
“A perfect, powerhouse of a week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I visited Todi in May 2013 and hired Alessandra for one week. Together we devised a week just for me, consisting of: Italian lessons (she was wonderful); food tours to local wineries (she is an accredited sommelier and foodie extraordinaire); olive farms and presses; historical tours to places I would never have found myself; and driving tours through Umbrian cities on hilltops and remote but beautiful villages (she drove in her car or van). We had five delicious lunches where she taught me about each item we ate. Like most Umbrians, she appreciates and loves good, local, fresh food!

Throughout these days she tirelessly answered all my endless questions, and taught me so much about Umbria's history, language, customs, flora and fauna, food, and people. Alessandra spoke Italian to me, and when I didn't understand she would repeat everything in flawless English. She even took me shopping one afternoon to buy linens, a specialty of Umbria.

Alessandra loves guiding people around Umbria, of which she is so proud . She is a hard working perfectionist, and has sought out the very best local growers, restaurants, hotels, and sites to showcase Umbria. She has developed quite amazing contacts.

This week with Alessandra and Discovering Umbria was the best travel decision I have ever made. I learned more in one week with Alessandra than I would have learned in a year by myself. Every penny was worth it and much more. I think I may do it all again, but concentrate more on the wonderful Umbrian food and wine, which I still can't get out of my head!

Visited May 2013