ELEGANT FRESCOED APARTMENT historic centre, wifi

Reviews from our community

Reviews from our community

LaGattina...
New York City, New York
“Fantastic apartment in beautiful Spoleto”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014 for a stay in November 2013
person found this review helpful

We stayed in Luana's apartment for 2 weeks last November and it was absolutely wonderful. Luana is a great hostess. She is kind and so helpful. She assisted us in so many ways during our stay that we cannot thank her enough. The apartment was lovely. It is located in the heart of the historical center of Spoleto. It is easily reached by car, bus, or by foot. The train station is about a 20 minute walk down the hill.

We had everything we needed during our vacation. The apartment has a nice kitchen area with a dining table. The cupboards were stocked with dishes, pots and pans and some of the essentials like olive oil. The bathroom has a nice good-sized shower as well as a modern washing machine which came in very handy.

Upstairs is a large loft area with a queen-sized bed and plenty of room to put your things. Above the bed is a lovely skylight and from one angle you can see the dome of the church that is next door. We slept very well in this apartment. There was no street noise at night.

The apartment is located just a short walk from all of the sights. We also were not far from markets, restaurants and cafes. Luana recommended a spectacular restaurant to us that is a short walk away - we ate there multiple times. It was some of the best food we had during our 6-week stay in Italy.

Spoleto is a beautiful town that is not far from Orvieto, Todi, Perugia, Spello, Trevi and Assisi. it is also very close to the mountains so we also recommend visiting the tiny town of Castelluccio, which is located in a breathtaking area about an hour's drive from the apartment. Spoleto is an excellent base to explore Umbria and Luana's lovely apartments are the perfect place to stay while there! Mille grazie Luana!

May 10, 2014
Many thanks for your fantastic review, I wish you and your husband all the best!
Brad798
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Comfort in Oldtown Spoleto”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014 for a stay in November 2013

The "Il Priore" 2 bedroom apartment is a fantastic choice for anyone looking for comfort and convenience in a historic building located in the heart of the old section of Spoleto. The apartment is clean, spacious, well furnished and well cared-for. The beds are comfortable and the location is quiet even with Restaurants, cafes and excellent shopping on the door step. Luana is a wonderful host and made our stay not only comfortable but truly special. I will be looking to stay in one of her properties on my next visit to the wonderful hilltop town.

5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 4 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: The size,charm and location of the property
Liked least: There is only one bathroom
Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jan 28, 2014
I'm really happy that you had a memorable stay in Spoleto.
The apartment you've choosen is comfortable and elegant and Spoleto itself is a lovely place to stay and explore Umbria and the central part of Italy.

Looking forward to meeting you again.
Stephanie...
Toronto, Canada
“Lovely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013 for a stay in November 2013

The manager of the property made all the difference to our stay; not sure how it would have worked out if Luana wasn't available to help us reach the flat (cab driver didn't know where it was), help with instructions left in Italian (by Australian owners!?) for the washing machine, setting the heat (which was not coming on), dropping off basics (loo roll, washing up fluid, etc. that the owners neglected to leave - who arrives late a night but stops to buy loo roll, washing up liquid, tea towels, soap,, etc.?!)... Luana's recommendations and help made for a wonderful stay and visit. Thank you Luana!!

5 of 5 stars How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 4 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses
2 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils 4 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness
4 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities 5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: the property manager Luana!
Liked least: basic items that should have been in the house were not; wi fi cuts out without warning...
Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway
Dec 2, 2013
Hello Stephanie,
thanks for your nice comment.
Yes, your taxi driver didn't know the exact address, so strange! Maybe it was his first day at job, Spoleto is a little city and the street where the apartment is located is very popular. Anyway, I was there waiting for you and talking to the driver by phone.
I hope to meet you in the future, you and your friends are very nice people. Ciao!
May C
Pambula, Australia
“All aspects considered, this was a very good property.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013 for a stay in October 2013
person found this review helpful

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Spoleto at Il Priore. This property was very spacious with lovely furnishings, and we wanted for nothing. The best thing was the location in the Centro Storico, allowing us to walk everywhere, even into nearby forest. The only downside was that we didn't have any view other than the street, and the alley, and it was a little dark inside. It was Autumn, and we had a lot of rainy days. Luana was very attentive, and she made our stay happy and comfortable, helping us with anything that we needed, and giving us lots of information about her beautiful town. Thankyou Luana!

5 of 5 stars How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 4 of 5 stars Overall condition of the property
5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness
4 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities 4 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: location
Liked least: no view
Nov 21, 2013
Hello Jane,

yes, even if in Autumn there are many beautiful sunny days (like today! It is the 21st of November)you had some rainy days during your stay in October. The, fortunately we have good weather in the rest of October and an amazing November, with mild climate, sunny days and many visitors coming. The apartment Priore is on the first floor so, of course, you can have a better view from an upper floor, but from the windows you have no buildings very close and the view is "open", from the windows of the living room, the study and the bedroom you can see a square, trees, some shops (as you mentioned tou are in one of the best areas of Spoleto centre), the sky and a small ancient tower in front of you. The windows of the apartment are many, large and tall, so a lot of sunlight can some inside. I'm sure that if you'll be able to come again, You'll certainly find a good weather...in Italy we have good weather during the majority of the time. Thanks for all!!
PeterHarv...
Norwich UK
“not what it said on the tin”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 for a stay in June 2013

It might have been the lovely seductive Spoleto itself or maybe previous guests didn't spend much time in the apartment, but enthusiastic reviews posted by others do not match our disappointment with the Duca - I raised my concerns with the Owner to give her a chance to mitigate things but she hasn't replied, now over a week ago. Where do I start ? We never met the owner and a NON-Engish speaking "representative" gave us a cursory show-around, was unable to answer basic questions such as what do we do with the rubbish, demanded full cash payment up-front and disappeared. The heating was turned on full !! and I needed to experimentally play with the boiler settings, with no help from the owner, to fix it. There were various standard items missing from the so-called "well equipped" kitchenette which were not forthcoming despite being asked, perishables soon went off in the fridge which was clearly inefficient. The flat is dingy, poky, noisy and poorly laid out, with nowhere to put anything and apart from the wardrobe nowhere to hang things. The walk from the covered car park takes about 15 minutes and you can't come and go in your car during the day as it's a flat fee for one stay. There was no sign of the claimed "free parking 10 minutes away"; I could go on, but all in all the reality of the situation is fair enough provided it had been clearly and honestly described, but what is claimed is an overelaborate misrepresentation of what to expect and had we been aware of what the flat actually is like and the inconvenience it incurs for a couple with a car and wishing to self-cater we would have picked somewhere further away from the town. A guest in the adjacent flat was as disenchanted as we were though I suspect "too polite" to raise this concern. Disgraceful.

4 of 5 stars How easy was it to book the property? 4 of 5 stars How helpful were the directions to the property?
3 of 5 stars How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 3 of 5 stars Overall condition of the property
3 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 2 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
3 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 2 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
2 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: It was a handy location if you wanted to be in the Spoleto old city
Liked least: see my review
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Oct 29, 2013
The relationship with guests and my personal involvment are the elements I care most. Guests opinions and their satisfaction are very important to me.
It is hard to recognize my apartment in your description, what you wrote about Il Duca apartment (dingy, poky, noisy and poorly laid out) is something that no one before has never told me and you can read dozens of true excellent comments about my apartments (called Spoletium Holiday Apartments) that are everywhere on the web. I've started on 2009 having hundreds of guests from all over the world and I'm honored to say that I had great human and professional experiences. I have good relationships with mostly of the guests coming and some of them also come for the second or third time. When my baby was born on 2012, I had presents sent from all over the world! It was more than I could expect from people that I meet just for a few days in their lives.
I think that the real problem in your case was my absence during your stay, I think this is the origin of your disappointment ...yes, unfortunately I couldn't be there during your stay because I was out of Spoleto in the previous week with my little son (at that stage was 15 months old, he was often sick and doctors told me that needed to stay by the sea for a week) I planned to come back the day before your arrival but he got very sick again and we had to go to the hospital, I was worried, I had a few time to quickly organize the check-in of 4 guests coming in the same day (included you), I had to do it by phone and by email from the place where. I thought to call the housekeeper and call you the arrival day to explain how to reach the meeting point and explain how to "use" the apartment (she speaks a few English words but is a kind and gentle lady) because she was the only person available that day, had the keys and she knew the apartments. You wrote "demanded full cash payment up-front"...you received a Booking Form before booking the apartment, I asked no deposit to book and you agreed, if you read again it you'll find "Please, pay the rental rate on arrival, at the time of handing over the keys", so this is what happened on arrival. You had paid no deposit so you could leave the apartment immediately without paying and I had no possibility to ask you the money back (and I wouldn't have asked you money back if you were not satisfied about the apartment) or leave the apartment the day before, there is the Tourist Office nearby and you could find another place if it was so terrible...why didn't you do it? You spent one week there, why didn't you text or email me your problems? You could have spend a better holiday.
I don't know why you described the apartment as "noisy", it is on a pedestrian central area, the only one way small street passes something like 30 or 40 metres away from the building and there are jus a few cars every day, you can hear no noise...just the one of bells from the nearby church or maybe birds singing in the morning. I live in the same area and you can describe it in many ways but not noisy.
I left tourist guides and books for you in the flat, suggestions for places to visit and how to go there, usefull email addresses, suggestions for Wine tasting tours and other ideas during your stay (as I do every time and now I've also improved this services!), together with a map of Spoleto with churches, monuments, museums, suggested restaurants, usefull numbers, the nearby grocery, pharmacy, bus stop, train station, car parking, minimarket and much more... If it was not enough I told you that could call me whenever you needed and I was ready to call you back and explain exactely by phone. You didn't call me during your stay to tell me that accidentally the heating system was turned on (in June!...it is strange but things may happen!) why? I could have easily helped you...why didn't you called me to ask where the free car parking was? It was signed in the map and I also marked the pedestrian street that you could do to reach it in 10 minutes.

On entering Duca apartment (such as the other apartments I manage that are all of a high quality level), people say, "Oh, it is so cute and cosy!" My apartments have been completely and beautifully restored on 2009 so appliances are new, I regularly check them. They have been perfectly and tastefully furnished, with hand made traditional style furniture, new thermal insulated windows, ancient wood restored doors, small beautiful details like candels, a nice sofa, mosaic shower, a cute small balcony outside with flowers and chairs. I really love my apartments and your description seems so far from the reality.

Coming to other elements that you pointed: you wrote that the kitchenette hadn't all that you needed...what do you mean? There are many things inside, kettle, toaster, electric/microwaves oven and much more. Again you said nothing about it when you where there, I could call the housekeeper to bring what you needed. The fridge is not inefficient, it had just the internal light off (it may happen, I changed it after your departure) but he was fresh and efficient.
Anyway, I understand that you had a negative experience and I'm sorry about it, Holiday Time should be a relaxing time, spent in the best way.
So I respect your opinion but please, try to respect the opinions that other guests wrote before you (there are just real comments of true travellers) and positive opinions that you can easily find about my apartments in the main international web sites. My apartments are rated "Excellent" in mostly of the comments and this cannot be disputed. It is not correct to question my sincerity and the sincerity of other comments. You wrote that other guests in the nearby apartment seemed not happy about theur stay "disenchanted as we were though I suspect too polite to raise this concern". I called them during their stay as I called you to be sure all was ok and they told me that were having a good holiday, then I emailed after their departure (as I did with you, this is the email I sent you with my photo and the one of my little son: "how are you? I hope you had a good trip back. I was thinking about the last guests I had in my apartments and I felt sorry about you, not to be there to know and meet you. To meet people, go for a walk and talk, share ideas, have a coffee together...this is the part of the rental business I prefer") and this was the beginning of their answer "we are sorry that we did not get to meet you. I am glad that your son is well now, he is gorgeous. We had a wonderful time and loved Spoleto. We did get to visit quite a few of the other towns and villages nearby and even though they were also beautiful we loved coming back to Spoleto. We had dinner in a different restaurant every night and finished the night off with a walk around the castle. We are hoping to return to Umbria next year and I think we will come back to Spoleto, so we may be in touch with you again to book the apartment. Hopefully we will meet you then. thank you and best wishes". They were in La Dama studio that is very similar to Duca apartment, but a little smaller.

You wrote " I raised my concerns with the Owner to give her a chance to mitigate things but she hasn't replied, now over a week ago." I knew nothing about your email so I've now checked my email correspondance and I realised that I sent an email to you after your departure, to know if the trip back was good, this is the first part of the email "how are you? I hope you had a good trip back. I was thinking about the last guests I had in my apartments and I felt sorry about you, not to be there to know and meet you. To meet people, go for a walk and talk, share ideas, have a coffee together...this is the part of the rental business I prefer".
You replied but your email contained the same text I had written, so I thought it was a mistake and maybe I had received a sort of "empty email" from you, now I checked again and it had no text from you but your response was written in the attachmen (that I didn't noticed!)
If I had read it I'd have certainly written you immediately a response!
This negative comment could be a damage for my rental activity but I hope travellers enquirying will give me the possibility to demonstrate that the apartments and the service are of a high quality and that I always give my best, with enthusiasm and passion.
This comment dates back last June, in the meanwhile I've improved many things (I always improve some elements!)...there are more hangers in the apartments, there is an English small book with more info about the apartments (how to use the heating system, how to swith on the tv/DVD, how to use internet, where to put rubbish - the rubbish bins are near the entrance door of the building, not so difficut to find also without my description!- there will be an underground elevator so that visitors can arrive directly from the car parking in the small square a few metres away from the holiday apartments (it was ready since 2012 but will be opened next January, it will be great for me!) I renovated some small elements in the kitchenettes (as I do normally every 3 or 4 months because I have many people coming and using them)....so I'm ready for the next seson and I feel optimist about the future!
I offer you the possibility to come for free for the second time whenever you prefer if I have availability, you can choose the apartment you like more so we'll be able to meet and I'm sure we'll have a good experience together. I finally agree with you...Spoleto is "lovely and seductive".
Jann58
Canberra, Australia
“Good apartment to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

We stayed in the apartment for seven days in May 2013. apartment is as shown. Lots of information provided by Luana and the Restuarant tips were great.

5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: Very good location. Close to restaurants
Jun 12, 2013
Hello! Thanks for this nice comment, yes, the restaurants in Spoleto centre are great, I agree with you :)
homeportf...
Zillah, Washington
“small, fun apt.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 for a stay in September 2012

This fun apartment was a fun place to stay in Spoleto. It was close to everything and Luana was very helpful with ideas of things to do. We had a little problem with the international area codes so do your research! The only comment I would make is that it is at the top of the building so you need to be able to do stairs. Otherwise, a really great place.

5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: waking up in the morning.
Liked least: stairs
Friends getaway
May 17, 2013
Hello Lisa, thanks a lot for your review, even if I have my paper guest books (my treasure!)I know that on line comments are very important for travellers planning their holiday. I'm happy to know that you enjoyed your stay in Spoleto and maybe we'll meet in the future. You were in a cozy small apartment but do you know that now I have new larger and elegant properties to rent in Spoleto centre? This year I have 4 apartments in Spoleto but I'm planning to add new amazing properties...I'll let you know or you could follow Spoletium Holiday Apartments in Facebook to have news about great events and see pictures of Spoleto. If you like, could post your personal shots! Let's keep in touch :)
Check in
Check out
Guests
from
$95
Night
Week
Additional fees may be applied by owner
Make Inquiry
this property has payment protection
Owner
Response Time: Within a few hours
Calendar Updated: 110 days ago
Peace of Mind Protection
Learn more
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing