I would give 2 and a half in my rating instead of 3.
The hotel is walking distance from the beach. You can benefit from a 1.50€ discount at one of the close beaches to rent sun beds and parasol.
We were given a room without balcony on the first floor where we stayed for 2 nights. The room wasn't noisy.
In general the hotel is clean, there is a good shower in the room.
I will agree with the previous comment on the fact that it might not be a 3 stars hotel (even if the rooms prices suggest so) and I agree with the comments on the breakfast. I have been in another 3* hotel in Rome and they served similar breakfast, so maybe that's the standard in Italian hotels, to be precise the following were not offered on the breakfast buffet: eggs (I asked if it was possible to have eggs cooked on any way but that wasn't offered), no juices (there were two types of flavoured waters, a kind of water with squash), too many industrially wrapped bakes and pastries, no fresh vegetables (for example tomatoes or salad...etc). There was however cereals, fresh pastry (a sweet type of brioche and on the first day there was also a croissant), coffee or tea on demand, bread, Salami, yelow cheese, yogurt, different types of jams, honey and nutella.
So here is the list of criteria a standard 3 stars hotel should have and whether Hotel Riviera Blu has them:
- rooms with shower/WC or bath tub/WC: Yes, room with shower
- Daily room cleaning: Yes
- rooms with colour-TV together with remote control: Yes, there was not much choice of non italian channels though.
- Table and chair: Yes
- Soap or body wash: Yes, there was a soap
- Facsimile at the reception: probably, didn't have chance to check
- Publicly available telephone for guests: Yes, there is also a phone in the room
- Beverage offer in the hotel: Yes - there is a bar on the ground floor
- Deposit possibility: didn't check
- Breakfast buffet: Yes - I already gave my opinion about the breakfast
- Reading light next to the bed: Yes
- Bath essence or shower gel: No - there was only a soap
- Bath towels: Yes
- Linen shelves: Yes - there is a wardrobe
- Offer of sanitary products (e.g. toothbrush, toothpaste, shaving kit): No
- Credit Cards: No - we couldn't pay with American express card
- Reception opened 14 hours, accessible by phone 24 hours from inside and outside, bilingual staff: Yes - I agree with the previous comment that the receptionist can be more helpful and needs to be pushed a bit
- Three piece suite at the reception, luggage service: didn't check
- Beverage offer in the room: there was no beverage in the room, no fridge
- Telephone in the room: Yes
- Internet access in the room or in the public area: Yes, there was Wifi everywhere in the hotel
- Heating facility in the bathroom, hair-dryer, cleansing tissue: No
- Dressing mirror in the room: No, there was a mirror but not a dressing mirror
- Place to put the luggage/suitcase in the room: No - the floor maybe
- Sewing kit, shoe polish utensils in the room: No sewing kit, but there is a polish utensil
- Laundry and ironing service: didn't check but I don't believe so
- Additional pillow and additional blanket on demand: didn't check but probably yes
- Systematic complaint management system: does Tripadvisor.com count?
So based on the above (European Stars classification criteria for a 3 stars qualification), there are few things missing in the hotel to be a complete 3 stars, or prices should reviewed for lower.