My partner and I (both 35) recently spent a week with Thompsons at this hotel. If you are looking for a great hotel with ambience, good food, lovely surroundings and a relaxed bedroom then STAY AWAY.
This hotel is a 2 star – it’s not had a refurb since 1970 – everything is rusting and there is NO green grass/a palm tree anywhere – only concrete (even by the pool). This is a small list of issues:
1. Bedroom – basic, basic, basic – no luxury whatsoever. A bed, TV, chair and a curtain. That’s it. Think Travelodge – find for one night but not longer. And a great view of a crumbling concrete building opposite (which should have been knocked down 20 years ago)
2. Pool – good size –however, surrounded by concrete and no trees, grass, shade
3. Beach – only has chairs, no sun loungers. You need to pay an additional 8 euros per person PER DAY to have a sun lounger on the beach
4. Food – breakfast – dreadful – terrible coffee (hard to do in Italy!), no fresh orange juice, no fresh fruit, no pastries, no choice
5. Dinner – basic buffet of salad and choice of 5 main courses all covered with the same tasting sauce
6. Entertainment – none – not even some background music after dinner outside for three of the evenings – totally dull, nothing to do, no atmosphere at all
7. No wifi - except for a charge
8. Area – awful – like an old British seaside resort desperately needing to be rejuvenated. You fill find lots of concrete parks, concrete paths and that’s it
For the £900 we each paid, it was terrible value for money – even £350 per person would be a lot.
Stay away unless you are using it as a base only – however, given the location it’s not a great place.
I have never written a review, but I didn’t want anyone else to have the same experience as we did – we are not snobby, just normal English people who wanted to have a nice holiday in a nice hotel as a treat.
Ask for one opposite the pool
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.