“For fine tasters and romantic evening. Your taste will be pleased.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dante and Ivana

Ranked #18 of 56 Restaurants in Tirrenia
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Zurich
“For fine tasters and romantic evening. Your taste will be pleased.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

The place is a very small building on the riverside road. The area is not so nice, but as soon as you walk in you get the impression that you`re in a real Restaurant, capital R. However, the food is really hand-made and traditional, fine cuisine presentation but no posh scams: you will taste authentic food.
You get a somehow "fixed" menu that varies a little bit every time according to the ingredients availability which you can partially customize. The cooks make an honor point of using fresh ingredients, and only fish from high seas, no intensive farming products. Well, you can definitively taste that.
We got a "tasting menu" for our first visit there, including 3 appetizers, 2 first dishes, 1 second and two small desserts.
I can just say that everything was amazing, exploring fine and unusual combination like red beetroot flan and shrimps on a cheese fondue, or the less unusual fish and mushrooms. Since my fiancee could not drink, we were offered a half liter of white wine which was simply one of the best whites I`ve drank. I am Italian and explored the restaurants in the area for some time, and I must say this was one of the most impressive.
Be wary though: you are going to a good restaurant, you will enjoy your taste and you will not walk out "stuffed". There are many dishes, but portions are quite small. So, if you want to get stuffed, there`s plenty of other cheaper places in the area. But if you want to enjoy Italian Cuisine (all capitals) that'`s where you wanna be.
The price is on the high side, but you can see where you money went. I live in Switzerland and it`s impossible to find this kind of selection and care in food preparation for twice this price. We ended up paying 100e for both of us, including wine, a liquor and a coffee. You won`t get a menu card, but I guess the price will stay in this ballpark, varying depending on wine and similar. We`ll go back there whenever we like to spoil ourselves.

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Blairsville, Georgia
“Wonderful meal and experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

Our family of five (all adults) had the pleasure of dining at Dante and Ivana's restaurant in May of this year. A co-worker friend of my son had dined at the restaurant previously on several ocassions and recommended it. From what I learned later was that Dante (the father) is semi-retired but came to the restaurant to personally welcome us. Ivana is his wife and did all of our meal preperation. After a wonderful greeting, Dante told us his recommendations for dinner. We totally left it up to him as to what we had and the meal was outstanding. Ivana is a great chef. I did notice at another table a couple were offered a printed menu so I am sure you do have other choices. Dante's son (I think also named Dante - not sure) was our server and also very intertaining as his father was. I'm not aware of the expense of the meal as we were treated that night by our son and his wife.

A delicious meal in a lovely restaurant enjoyed by all.

• Visited May 2011