“Excellent food but music a bit too loud” 4 of 5 stars

+3905037248
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 49 Restaurants in Tirrenia
Cuisines: Pizza, Steakhouse, Chowder, Family Fare
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night, Private Dining
Description: Il Toscano Restaurant ....the best restaurant on Tuscany's western coast, where you can find the real and typical Tuscan cuisine and Italian specialties.....where you can try our famous plate: "Sacchettini cheese and pears".... A very delicious pasta! Where you can organize what you like! ...for example....an anniversary dinner? A birthday party? A friends dinner!.....or simply ....a romantic tete-a-tete supper by candlelight?.....Come with us!! Our warm atmosphere will transform your events very special! Organize, moreover, cultural shows, live evenings music, collections and food tasting!! Our menu is translated into English, German, French and Russian. We speak English! You're welcome......we wait for you !!! Giovanni e Catia Leonardi
northallerton
“Excellent food but music a bit too loud”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Dont let the adjacent petrol station put you off. The food here is excellent and so was the service. We had a mixed seafood grill and a pizza which were both excellent. The only down side was the music playing was just a bit too loud to have a conversation without shouting!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
GIOVANNI58, Proprietario at Ristorante Il Toscano, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear NorthallertonHarris,
Next time ask me to lower the music volume, or changing table. we will be happy if you stay quiet !
Bye bye and thanks for review!
G.L.58

Wisconsin
“Best pizza and steak we had on a week-long trip through Italy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is a great restaurant and one our family voted as a hands-down favorite for pizza on our trip... Let me qualify this statement by saying we never ate a bad meal the whole 9 days we spent traveling across the country.

The Leonardi was less than a block from our hotel, and as we ate early for Italy (7:30), we had a great outdoor seat w/o a reservation. The atmosphere is casually dressy, and we were in a good spot for people watching as the outdoor seating was out front.

I had the pizza Ellen (highly recommend) and my son had the filet, which everyone at our table ended up sampling. Both were amazing; I don't know what they do to pizza crust here, but it was so light and flaky you could have eaten it plain and it would have been delicious. I read other reviewers comments on this same topic, and wondered how different a pizza could really be from the other great ones he had in Italy, but this one really did stand out. We actually had the crust as dessert with warm Nutella spread, which sounds kind of gross, but was very tasty and just the right amount of sweet.

I wish this restaurant was down the street from my house in the US! Seriously, they could start a place here with the menu they have in Tirrenia and never go out of business--highly recommend!

• Visited June 2012
Dear Roamingtheworld!!!!
Many Many Many Thanks for the beautiful review !!! I hope see you again !!! You are fantastic !!!
Bye bye!!
GL.58
Shrewsbury
“The best in Terrenia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

Been in Terrenia a few days, saved Il Toscana to the last night. To be honest we haven't had a bad meal on this holiday, but tonight was the best. Service was prompt and very friendly, menu interesting and varied, but it's the quality of the food that stands out. Best fillet steak I've had in ages, and a very reasonably priced excellent Chianti Classico Reserva to wash it down. Thoroughly recommended. We might have time to pop back for lunch tomorrow.

Dear GaryShrewsbury
Thank you for the nice review, but for me the comment on the prices is out of line. 98% of our customers rate the quality / price = great.
But I respect you and I hope to see you here again.
Jhon L. 58
San Zeno di Montagna, Italy
“Excellent and original food, very good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

I've been at this restaurant many times during my many stays at Tirrenia. The service is very friendly and attentive. The menu is original, and I loved everything I ate here. The only minus for me are the prices, which in my view are a bit on the high side, but putting that in perspective, not higher than compatible quality restaurants in Italy.

“Bistromathics at work”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012 via mobile

Good food, nice place. The billing was a bit strange, though. In addition to an unannounced "cover charge" of 1.50€ per person, the
price for the food itself was 0.50€ higher on the bill than on the menu for each item. This is completely inacceptable.

For some reason this review is deemed to be too short, so I have to add some random senseless text...

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
GIOVANNI58, Proprietario at Ristorante Il Toscano, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Dear Bistromatic , I am very amazed at what you wrote. the price of 1.50 € is clearly stated in the beginning of the paper menu (this is a cost in all the Italian restaurants, many can be 2:00 to 2:50 - even € 3.00 per person)
For the other fact that has moved, I have personally checked the correspondence between the prices of the menus and prices of the count, but I found no difference ....... maybe you misread?
I hope you can come back to prove our honesty.
Honestly, I send my best regards and waiting for you soon in my restaurant.
John L.