“Excellent and original food, very good service” 4 of 5 stars

+3905037248
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 49 restaurants in Tirrenia
Cuisines: Pizza, Steakhouse, Chowder, Family Fare
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night, Private Dining
Description: Il Toscano Restaurant ....the best restaurant on Tuscany's western coast, where you can find the real and typical Tuscan cuisine and Italian specialties.....where you can try our famous plate: "Sacchettini cheese and pears".... A very delicious pasta! Where you can organize what you like! ...for example....an anniversary dinner? A birthday party? A friends dinner!.....or simply ....a romantic tete-a-tete supper by candlelight?.....Come with us!! Our warm atmosphere will transform your events very special! Organize, moreover, cultural shows, live evenings music, collections and food tasting!! Our menu is translated into English, German, French and Russian. We speak English! You're welcome......we wait for you !!! Giovanni e Catia Leonardi
San Zeno di Montagna, Italy
“Excellent and original food, very good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

I've been at this restaurant many times during my many stays at Tirrenia. The service is very friendly and attentive. The menu is original, and I loved everything I ate here. The only minus for me are the prices, which in my view are a bit on the high side, but putting that in perspective, not higher than compatible quality restaurants in Italy.

76% Recommend
“Bistromathics at work”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012 via mobile

Good food, nice place. The billing was a bit strange, though. In addition to an unannounced "cover charge" of 1.50€ per person, the
price for the food itself was 0.50€ higher on the bill than on the menu for each item. This is completely inacceptable.

For some reason this review is deemed to be too short, so I have to add some random senseless text...

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
GIOVANNI58, Proprietario at Ristorante Il Toscano, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Dear Bistromatic , I am very amazed at what you wrote. the price of 1.50 € is clearly stated in the beginning of the paper menu (this is a cost in all the Italian restaurants, many can be 2:00 to 2:50 - even € 3.00 per person)
For the other fact that has moved, I have personally checked the correspondence between the prices of the menus and prices of the count, but I found no difference ....... maybe you misread?
I hope you can come back to prove our honesty.
Honestly, I send my best regards and waiting for you soon in my restaurant.
John L.
“Excellent restaurant and must try pizzas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012 via mobile

We went here are 4 times in a week. We both loved the pizzas, they have a very thin base and are not greasy - the'Ellen' was particularly good as was the Mexicana which has no cheese but was delicious and no so filling. The one with speck is also good. The rest of the food looked good but I have to say that we are real pizza fans. One last word has to be that the owner and staff were very attentive and this really made a difference to the whole experience. Can't wait to go back.

Pisa, Italy
“The best restaurant in Tirrenia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Il Toscana still lives up to its very high standard. Revisited out of season in March 2012 the food was vibrantly fine. The bread basket contained ‘normal’ Tuscan no-salt bread, but also some extremely thin slices of warm, crisp, salty and delicately olive oil tasting bread. To a fine cold Pinot Grigio one could live of that alone. On the walls are calm, subdued and odd photos, which were taken by the proprietors son - we were told. We tasted lobster, pasta and pizza, which were all exquisite. The thin and crisp pizzas are particularly worth to try, as these are so unusual and delicate.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Aviano, Italy
“Fabulous Service, Great Food and Reasonably Priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Two colleagues and I visited Il Toscano at the suggestion of the concierge at our hotel (Hotel Continental) on a Thursday evening in February 2012. We were surprised to find the restaurant virtually empty as the night before had been particularly busy at a neighboring restaurant. We were promptly greeted by a warm, friendly face (not unusual in this part of the country) who I believe was the owner. The atmosphere was warm and inviting, with some interesting art work on the walls. After taking our drink order, he offered us some complimentary bruschetta and some interesting toasted bread strips. Our meal order was promptly taken, with two of us choosing steak and another choosing a pasta. All of our entree's arrived at the same time, which is always appreciated by American's, I think, but often unusual in Italy, especially if ordering a mixture of first and second plates. Our steaks were cooked to perfection and I believe my other colleague enjoyed his pasta (spaghetti with seafood). We rounded out the meal with a dessert and of course, we had wine! The prices were about one would expect to find in a ristorante/pizzeria in Italy. Pizzas were around €7.50/each, a liter of vino della casa about €4. Our steaks were €16 and €19, respectively and I believe the pasta dish was around €10. My meal cost €29 which included steak, wine, water and a dessert. But you can certainly enjoy a nice meal for €15, maybe less depending on what you order. Overall, we were very impressed with Il Toscano and appreciate the great service we received. Every time I go back to Tuscany, I'm met with warm, friendly people and I'm reminded once again why I fell in love with Italy. Some reviews mention the gas station in front of the restaurant but once we were in, we didn't even notice it was there. Of course, it was February and a bit chilly so we were inside staying warm!

• Visited February 2012