“Popular Place!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Aviano, Italy
“Popular Place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Don't let the eclectic atmosphere mislead you! This is a popular place. Get there early or make a reservation (not sure this is possible as I didn't try) otherwise you won't get a table. Great service, great food (with a menu in both Italian and English) at reasonable prices. Some of the pasta dishes are on the smaller side in terms of portion size so be prepared to possibly order a second dish or a pizza in addition to your pasta. There is a gas station directly in front of this restaurant but we didn't even notice it. No outdoor seating that I saw.

Visited February 2012

71% Recommend
Tarsa
“very nice restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

its a very nice restaurant with good food and wine. The restaurant is in the center of Tirrenia and very close to the hotel

Visited December 2011
Varna, Bulgaria
“Good fish and seafood restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

Liked: Good choice, Food quality, Fast service, Reasonable prices
Disliked: A bit crowded even out of season

Visited October 2011
Ramstein-Miesenbach, Germany
“Never again, Unnecessary”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

We went on a Tuesday night because the restaurant that was recommended to us was closed for their weekly day off. Thus, this was not our first pick and it will definitely never, ever become even a consideration. This is a practical example of “just because you can put a stone-oven in your restaurant, it doesn’t mean you have a clue on how to make pizza”. We were the first table of the evening service, the chef himself took our orders, and yes, I have to agree that the ricotta for the “calzone” (the filled pizza) was fresh as he said, though I should have known to change my order when he asked me if, other than ham and salami, I also wanted to have mozzarella in the pizza—a question that shouldn´t even have to be asked. It got even worse when, before serving, the waiter came to ask if I wanted tomato sauce on the calzone. The question came too late. The sauce was served cold on top of an already burned calzone!
Everyone knows that you need sauce,, on top of the dough before baking, otherwise the stone-oven heat is going to burn and break the top. Shouldn’t a pizza baker know that?
Italians typically order beers with pizza, and there are very good Italian beers on the market, this restaurant didn’t even suggest regular beer to go with pizza, only wine. I guess they only expect good old tourists who think that in Italy everything must go with wine. This is perhaps more a snobby- yet casual, modern, yet …. whatever … sorry I cannot put my finger on exactly what it was! At best, this can be considered an” attempt” of a different Italian restaurant in Italy, good enough only for a vacation “one-time only” tourist meal. Never again, Unnecessary

• Visited October 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Vicenza, Italy
“Fantastic food, decent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

I had a plate of cheeses and meats to start with and pasta. Everyone at my table loved their food. They start serving dinner on Sundays around 7 - we got there early and they let us sit anyway.

Visited October 2011