“I have empathy with the owners, but...” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
HCMC
“I have empathy with the owners, but...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This place is all on it's own in a spot that you can view the eruptions from the safety of a table and enjoy some wine and food whilst watching natures power in it's tamed Strombolian glory. The remoteness means that it is not overrun with crowds (although I was there in the last two weeks of the summer season, so maybe it is different in the previous month). The tables sit out at the back in a nice candle-lit area looking toward the main attraction- the volcano crater. I have empathy with the owners because really their window to make money is very short and with that they have to cover all the upkeep for a year and pay staff etc. However, I would have stayed longer, or gone back another night, if I could have enjoyed some food at a price that I felt was reasonable. Obviously I should have accepted it "is what it is" at the time. But, my rational mind would not allow me to pay the premium. Maybe a more simple menu would have kept me there longer... I did enjoy the walk from town to the observatory. I did enjoy the mountain air, I did enjoy the eruption that I saw just on sunset, I did enjoy the very cold beer....

Visited September 2013

• Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent food with a brilliant view of Stromboli Eruptions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This restaurant has to be done. It's amazing to sit there and watch Stromboli light up the night sky while eating delicious pizza and Tirimisu and drinking wine. The staff were very helpful and they even put up with the fact that we were hot and sweaty from our climb around the Volcano during the day. An amazing evening meal.

Visited July 2013
Curitiba, PR
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

There are no words to describe how amazing is to drink a wine wile you sit and watch one of the great wonders of nature, the Stromboli volcano erupt. Great food, with fantastic view!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“An oasis at the end of a long trek”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Possibly one of the most memorable places I have ever eaten a meal.
We walked the 'easier' and free route half way up and around Stromboli, ending up in this wonderfully located restaurant.
We were hot and had that 'just walked up a volcano in the hot afternoon' odour about us, but we were welcomed and watered for the evening.
The service was efficient and friendly but the real star was Stromboli. Watching the eruptions during the evening were just spectacular. One of them things to do before you die things.
Truly worth every penny and every drop off sweat to get there.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Veldhoven, The Netherlands
“Walk here during the day is also worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled on this. Told too far to walk but it was worth it. Took about 1 and 30 minutes. But we stopped in the other resorts for drinks. We arrived tired and thirsty greet and then watched the volcano smoking. No one else there peaceful and quite. Lovely spot. Next time we will go in the evening.

• Visited July 2013