“A Romantic Gem in Spoleto” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 129 Restaurants in Spoleto
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Nel centro storico di Spoleto, in via S. Agata, a due passi da Piazza della Liberta e dall'ingresso degli Artisti al Teatro Romano, si trova il Ristorante Apollinare. L'edifico, ricavato dalle mura romane dell'ex convento francescano del XII secolo e dalla Chiesa di Sant'Apollinare, racchiude tutto il fascino del passato.I menu sono studiati con passione ed estro, ispirati ai sapori della tradizione umbra e alla creativita dello Chef. La cucina e irresistibile, grazie alla scelta dei migliori ingredienti umbri e nazionali, accuratamente selezionati.Intimita, eleganza e cordialita contraddistinguono l'atmosfera del Ristorante Apollinare, cornice ideale per le occasioni piu speciali ma anche ambientazione perfetta per colazioni e pranzi di lavoro. Il gazebo esterno dona un fascino indiscutibile alle cene d'estate.
Los Angeles, California, United States
“A Romantic Gem in Spoleto”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

The Great Italian Flood of November 2012 detoured us to Spoleto, and a wonderful dining experience. It was Monday evening-everything was closed, and it looked like my hopes for a last Romantic Italian feast would be at the E35 Auto route cafe. Instead we found this beautiful Romantic restaurant hidden on a tiny via in Spoleto. The menu was perfect. Local fresh ingredients, beautiful presentation to rival any Los Angeles restaurant. The owner and chef came to our table and presented us with a special chocolate souffle that was the Baci on the evening. I was in heaven. We were fortunate to dine at wonderful small restaurants all over Tuscany and Rome, and Apollinare gets my highest rating.
Kristen Hicks

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Unionville, Connecticut
“Wonderful restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This is a beautiful restaurant. The food, service and decor are all excellent. I would return to this restaurant in a heartbeat.

Visited November 2012
West Pittston, Pennsylvania
“Really good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

When I entered the restaurant I was warmly greeted and seated. While reading the menu I saw that along with the traditional meals there were also some creative choices. That's the way I went. After all, I've been coming to Italy for 35 years so I've gone the traditional route. And I am not sorry for my choice. Part of my meal was a bakes potato infused with scamorza. It was the best potato I have ever eaten. The whole meal was great. It's not the cheapest place you'll eat in. But you do get what you pay for.

Lanciano, Italy
“Excellent restaurant!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I have been in Apollinare with my family following the reviews on Tripadvisor.
It was Saturday and I had issues in booking it but at the end we did manage to fix and get there.
The restaurant is in the city center. Due to the fact that is not particularily large, booking it in advance is a must.
The atmosphere is excellent and nice looking. Of course as you may imagine the place is quite top class type of.
I took a "tagliata" and it was very good. Also is worth mentioning the appetizer made of a potatoe and mozzarella (do not recall the name!).
My son took lamb and it was also excellent. To highlight the dessert called "crescionda" a typical Spoleto cake: I suggest to taste it...
Even if we succeeded to eath for less than 90€ in 4 (2 adults and 2 kids), prices are of course not cheap then do not expect to spend less than 50€ per person for a full meal, including wine.
Needless to say that the ratio Quality/cost is excellent and all the money spent was totally well "invested".
Need also to mention the kindness of the owner as well as the absolute care that all the staff had with us.
Highly suggested!!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oxford
“Over-rated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We booked a table here because we read on tripadvisor that it was the best restaurant in Spoleto; and it was also recommended highly by our travel company (InnTravel UK). Unlike other reviewers, we were very disappointed by the experience. We sat in a rather soulless outdoor 'tent' and the service was very slow. A lady (the manageress?) greeted and chatted to favoured guests but didn't help out with service. The food was very disappointing. The quality of the lamb served to my friend was very poor (tough and fatty!). Is this really the best that Spoleto can offer? I would recommend visitors to investigate other options.

• Visited September 2012