Have been looking at the reviews and needed to put a few things in perspective for anyone else thinking of wanting to go somewhere close to the slopes and value for money.
I went here for Christmas with my wife and daughter and were met by incredibly polite staff, and a room which proved excellent value for money- our SC room was over £500 for the same period elsewhere in Europe! Furthermore, getting 2 free meals thrown in is great value and saved even more money!
So what about the complaints of others?
- Cracked tiles? Well people have said on here they kept ski equipment in their rooms, I saw this happening myself, so who's surprised that people walking around in ski boots have caused this?!
- Rude staff? Not my experience whatsoever, in fact the entertainment staff were amazing and so energetic. MY observation is, maybe Brits should at least TRY to speak the language! There were times I was embarrassed to be English.
- Build quality? Well it was put up for the Olympics, nuff said! (Let's see the accommodation in London in 2016!)
Not to everyone's taste I'm sure, but where is? The fact about the place is it has amazing slopes, almost deserted and friendly locals. I'll be going back there again- based on some reviews the slopes may be even quieter- GREAT!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sestriere Olympic Village is a unique space built in order to remember that Sestriere has had an hystorical role as Olympic venue. Perfectly ensconced in the natural landscape that surrounds it, the Olympic Village overlooks the breathtaking scenery of Argentera Valley and Monti della Luna Mountains. The resort has been conceived in full respect of the surrounding territory and includes 7 different buildings named from A to F plus a last block named G, easy to identify because of its big window tunnel roof. Here, it is set the global polyfunctional area which overlooks the newly open sky slopes for beginners. THE SERVICES: The Sestriere Olympic Village guarantees fabulous vacations, whether you wish to practice sports or simply to relax in the summer as well as in the winter. A fully equipped health spa fitted out with saunas, steam bath, jacuzzi, massage area; a swimming pool (12 m x 6 m) and a gym is at disposal of the guests. Our little guests have a special children recreation area which includes a mini club and entertainment activities (3-12 years old) Security is guaranteed 24 hours a day thanks to the reception and surveillance service. Each apartment is provided with a reserved indoor parking place; Ski school, ski storage, rental and maintenance are available within the premises of the Village. The other services at disposal of our guests are located in a global multifunctional area: 2 bars, self service, restaurant, pizzeria, bar Risto Grill on the roof top, wine-shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Villaggio Olimpico Sestriere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villaggio Olimpico Hotel Sestriere