We came to spend a restful week from US and it turned out to be not pleasant at all.I think army barracks can be compared to the facilities here.Noise is loud all around with tons of young kid for activities camp.Bright lights fill the the bedroom even in the middle of the night when someone walks in the corridor,since drapings are flimsy.Beds creak,sinks do not drain well,AC makes a loud noise so you cannot sleep at night.Dishes are old in the kitchen and sparse,this is supposed to be a time share experience where I have so many good vacations in US and Canada.I had made 5 calls to this hotel before we showed up.Reception said they had a teapot since I am particular about my morning tea.Well there was a rusted battered cappuccino pot and when I asked where is my tea pot,they again sent me 2 tea cups.The furnishing is old and shower stall will not fit a mid West American.Noisy lobby till even midnight, where you cannot hear yourself speak.Staff are not helpful.The only way we could spend quality time here was when we went on walks with the entertainment staff.We were invited to a "welcome cocktail" where inspite of wearing wristbands which were supposed to be verification of our stay here,someone grabbed my glass of wine and again asked "do I really belong here?." Horrible demeaning experience.
- Also Known As:
- Villaggio Olimpico Hotel
- Villaggio Olimpico Sestriere
- Villaggio Olimpico Hotel Sestriere
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the splendid setting of the Alps homegrown, 50 meters from the ski lifts and golf course, offers comfortable and elegant suites, fully furnished, overlooking a beautiful mountain scenery. The types range from the three-room apartments, equipped with appliances and all kinds of comforts, from the phone to satellite TV, the carportMuch more of a traditional village - The structure was designed to accommodate, accommodate, entertain. At the heart of an area which offers facilities for every sport, the resort offers four-star service, 24 hours a day, winter and summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Villaggio Olimpico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.