“Horrifying!” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Windsor, United Kingdom
“Horrifying!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

Don't be fooled by the bustling appearance of this place I struggle to call a restaurant. Service was unacceptably slow, taking 20 minutes for our drink order to be taken then having to wait a further 10 minutes for the drinks to arrive at the table. I ordered pizza which was average to say the least. Disappointingly my boyfriends main course did not arrive at the same time as my pizza, in fact by the time I had slowly munched through my entire pizza my boyfriends main course was still nowhere to be seen. Staff were insincere and abrupt and the cost of this experience was not cheap.

• 1 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
Windsor, United Kingdom
“Worst dining experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

After walking around checking out the options available down the esplanade we chose Don Luigi as it was busy (always a good indication) and the food looked good. After been placed at our table we waited 15mins before our drinks order was taken. Another 15 mins passed until the drinks arrived and the entree and mains orders were taken. 20 mins later my girlfriends pizza arrived. After 3 queries with the waitress and 20mins my main arrived. It was the seafood grill, thought it would be safe bet considering the ocean was less than 30meters from the restaurant. Much to my dismay the scampi, langoustines, fish and prawns were overcooked to the point they resembled mashed potato. I advised the waitress my meal was overcooked. She muttered something to her colleague and offered no apology, not even a replacement meal. I asked for the bill and noticed a service charge of £4 for bread and service. I advised to the waitress that we had never of each and refused to pay for it. She came back with a hand full of 50 euro cents and then walked away. AVOID at all costs if you are looking for an establishment with service and properly cooked seafood.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Bergen op Zoom
“Expensive and poor quality food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

Had been at Don Luigi many years back so for nostalgy sake had a dinner again with my partner. We always eat every night out but this rerstaurant was by far the most expensive one. The spaghetti alla vongole was of poor taste and the vongoles were having growing pains as they were so very small they were almost invisible in theri shell.
Also while many restaurants serve a free Limoncello after dinner (not neccessary but nice) here we did not get anything. Anyway poor quality food for lots of money. It is looking nice at the front and at the back so that is why it is always crowded on Saterday evening.

• 2 of 5 stars Food