“The best pizza ever” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Madrid
“The best pizza ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

I used to spend all my Summer in Scalea, as a student. I love this place.
I don't live any more in Calabria, but every time I crave pizza I always wish I had Eros´pizza available!
Surely the best pizza ever tried in my life so far - the dough is so tasty, it is all a masterpiece this pizza from the crusty part till the tomato sauce.The place is not very fancy, the service is OK and average cost is acceptable. A Must-do in Scalea!

• Visited October 2010
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Durban, South Africa
“Pizza da campione”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

We have been at this establishment at least half a dozen times over a period of three years and the service has always been consistently good. Whenever we manage to fly over to Italy, to our apartment in Scalea, we can hardly wait to have a taste of Mimose's pizza. Albeit the menu does not offer much in the line of primi piatti or of main courses - only a few pasta dishes - the quality of the pizza made by these guys more than makes up for this shortcoming. After all, they don't claim to be a full restaurant:: just a pizzeria. We can't get anything vaguely like it in South Africa and I can't recall ever having tasted a better one in my hometown in northern Italy. The dough is always very crisp and tasty with a slight whole-wheat feel to it - undoubtedly due to the wood-oven firing - and the variety of pizza toppings is fabulous. What else would you expect from a guy who's won the national pizza-making championship more than once. The prices are very modest, ranging from about 5 euro to a max of 10 to my recollection. The personnel are usually friendly and efficient.

• Visited June 2011