I would say that this residence located in St. Agnello on the Sorrentine Peninsula, is a little gem of a bargain.
Quietly nestled next to Sorrento, and overlooking the Bay of Naples, with Vesuvius in the distance, Sant’Agnello is a nice surprise. The town is small and one can drive right through it, but don’t. It has a nice Artisan Center and some pretty good restaurants. Along the road facing the sea, there are also very expensive and elegant hotels frequented by British nationals. The area is also known as the Neapolitan Riviera.
Domus Porto Salvo was originally a convent, and there is a church on it’s backside: Sollievo nelle Sofferenze. The rooms are large, and ours had a spectacular view of the sea, from a huge bathroom. This in itself was surprising, as I find most bathrooms in Italy to be quite small. Also, the private bathroom was separate from the room, locked with a quaint skeleton key, we had to jiggle. There were other fine views from the quiet niches in the ample hallways. There is a sense of tranquility here. Views from our room faced the gardens.
The dining room which served a complimentary breakfast every day, was pretty, and well appointed. The staff was the nicest . . . very obliging, and. . .free internet service ! Another nice surprise: private gated parking, at no extra cost. You can bike or even walk to Sorrento, If you are visiting the Amalfi Coast, or plan to got to Pompeii or Capri, and don’t want to spend a fortune on a hotel, Domus Porto Salvo can be your base of operations. From Sorrento you can take a tour bus to the Amalfi Coast, catch a ferry to Capri, and hop on the Circumvesuviana to Pompeii. If you have your own car, even better. ( About $65.00 US a night) Our room had a big full size bed and a twin size bed, not the greatest mattresses, but adequate..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Salvo is a budget bed and breakfast situated in an old abbey of the Capuchin Monks dating back to the sixteenth century located in Sant'Agnello di Sorrento, overlooking the beautiful sea of the Bay of Naples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Venere, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Orbitz, HostelBookers and HostelWorld so you can book your Porto Salvo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Salvo Hotel Sant`Agnello
- Porto Salvo Italy/Province Of Naples