Our family stayed here for 4 days last week. Absolutely stunning hotel! It was newly opened for the season and it was obvious they had done quite a few renovations, although they were still ongoing in preparation for the upcoming summer busy season. When we first arrived, Antonello, didn't make us stand in line at the desk, but whisked us immediately out to one of the gorgeous stone patios overlooking the sea and immediately served us lemonades made from the local lemons. The level of service never let up and Antonello and the rest of the staff seemed to be truly happy we were there. Special shout outs to Gennaro, the bartender, who besides making some great drinks, was a great person who shared all his local knowledge. Mr. Angelo in the dining room, immediately took a liking to our kids and treated them like his own grandkids.
Our room was large, modern, with a private patio overlooking the ocean. The family quad is absolutely the best option for families and supplies a queen for the parents with two twin beds so the kids don't fight over the covers like on most vacations where we share a room.
Our only complaint with the room was because although we were a long way from the elevator motor room, we could still hear it operate throughout the night. Earplugs made it go away and Antonello expressed that they would look into an extra door in the hallway to keep the rooms quieter.
Although this hotel is outside of the very busy Sorrento area, it is stunning and much quieter, while being about a 20 minute very beautiful walk to downtown Sorrento. There is a bus to downtown also, but it being early season, we waited for quite a while for it to come, but at least were able to ride it back. It stops almost across the street from the Corallo.
We will look forward to coming back to this gorgeous hotel and the terrific staff. Bravissimo!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Corallo, located in the town of Sant'Agnello, is a 4 star hotel situated on a clifftop with panoramic terraces and views of the Gulf of Naples, Vesuvius and the Sorrentine peninsula. The centre of Sorrento and Tasso Square with its characteristic alleys, is just 2 km away and can be reached on foot or by public transport. In 1910 this elegant patrician house became "Hotel Cappuccini", a meeting point for artists and intellectuals such as the great Luigi Pirandello, who stayed here in the 1930's. The recent renovations have enhanced an exclusive blend of past and present ensuring the hotel provides a beautiful backdrop for a relaxing holiday - an ideal place for visiting Naples, Amalfi, Positano, Ravello, the islands of Capri, Ischia and Procida, the archaeological excavations of Pompeii and Herculaneum and Vesuvius. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Corallo Sorrento reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Corallo Hotel Sant Agnello
- Hotel Corallo Sorrento Italy/Province Of Naples