I spent 4 nights at the Hotel Corallo during first week of September, 2012.
It was beautiful! Everything I had envisioned from reviewing their website and photos.
I selected this hotel for the location and views of the Mediterranean. It is built right on the cliffs above the sea. No swimming pool but easy access via elevator/stone walking path to the public beach below the cliffs. I stayed in room 562 and paid $326.00 USD per night. A bedroom suite with Queen bed (2 small terraces with table/chairs off each side of the main bedroom), Italian furnishings complete with 2-3 foot candlesticks (candles provided), built in room armoire, fully tiled bathroom complete with double sinks, jetted tub/shower with large window looking out over the sea below and a large separate sitting/sunroom with sofa, chairs, tables and mini fridge/bar. However, the best part of this room was the LARGE terrace off the sitting room!!! 2 chaise lounges, chairs and tables with amazing 360 degree views of mountains above, streets below, coastal views (great at night!) and total views out to the Mediterranean sea. Amazing sunsets from this terrace...the sun drops like a ball of fire into the sea. The Historical Hotel in Saint Agnello Sorrento is about a 15 minute walk to the main marina and shopping/eating district. I was traveling alone and felt very safe on the streets day or night. My room safe was not working. Though I did ensure all monies/valuables by taking these to the 24 X 7 front desk/hotel safe. Nice continental breakfast was included every morning in the indoor/outdoor terrace dining room. The Hotel will arrange any excursions desired including pick up from Naples airport; approx ~$100.00 USD. I did have hotel arrange a day trip to Pompeii and Vesuvius...a great day! When in the main town/shopping district I highly recommend eating at the Fudoro Bar off the main plaza. Great food, wine, people watching.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Corallo, located in the town of Sant'Agnello, is a 4 star hotel situated on a clifftop with panoramic terraces and views of the Gulf of Naples, Vesuvius and the Sorrentine peninsula. The centre of Sorrento and Tasso Square with its characteristic alleys, is just 2 km away and can be reached on foot or by public transport. In 1910 this elegant patrician house became "Hotel Cappuccini", a meeting point for artists and intellectuals such as the great Luigi Pirandello, who stayed here in the 1930's. The recent renovations have enhanced an exclusive blend of past and present ensuring the hotel provides a beautiful backdrop for a relaxing holiday - an ideal place for visiting Naples, Amalfi, Positano, Ravello, the islands of Capri, Ischia and Procida, the archaeological excavations of Pompeii and Herculaneum and Vesuvius. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Venere, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Escapio so you can book your Hotel Corallo Sorrento reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Corallo Hotel Sant Agnello
- Hotel Corallo Sorrento Italy/Province Of Naples