“Lovely views, good food and good service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Chowder
Good for: Romance, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Great Yarmouth
“Lovely views, good food and good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This restaurant is located at the bottom of the cliff at San' Agnello and the inside wall is actually part of the cliff. It is very romantic with fantastic views. This is a upper class restaurant with food to match. The dishes are not big but cooked superbly. They are mainly a fish restaurant but my husband had beef which was lovely. The waiter did not ask how we wanted the beef cooked but having now been to several restaurants in Italy we have never been asked? Perhaps an English thing.
The English description in the menus may not be quite right as I ordered black cherries and cream, expecting a bowl of cherries with cream but I got a custard tart with one cherry in the middle? It was however delicious.
Waiters were helpful and attentive.
Menu is a little pricey.

Hertfordshire, England
“Hidden gem of a restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Don't be put off by the entry point to this wonderful restaurant. You need to take a lift down a ramp to get to this place but its well worth it. There is usually someone by the ramp to escort you, or at least there was when we visited. Best meal of our holiday with fantastic view of the coast/sea/private bay and the staff were great.

Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Nice views, friendly staff and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Definitely a special treat rather than an everday experience but the food was beautiful and the staff refreshingly genuine and attentive. We went on our first night and liked it so much we then went back later for our 'special dinner' at the end of the holiday.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Perth, Australia
“Great food, great service and fantastic location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stumbled across this restaurant on our first night in Sorrento. We took the lift to the restaurant at the bottom of the cliff face and were treated to splendid experience. The range of food was ample, exceptional in quality and presented beautifully. The service made us feel special and the beautiful sunset added to the occassion.

Berkshire, UK
“Forget the entrance and enjoy the surroundings & magnificent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I booked this over the net based on reviews. It was for our wedding anniversary so I wanted it to be special. The day before we were to visit I went and looked from the outside. The entrance is down a ramp which is reminiscent of something from Blackpool amusements. Glitzy signs, tacky wall murals and a glossy sign for ice creams. I decided to change the reservation, but couldn't find anywhere available. I'm so glad I kept the reservation.

After going down the ramp we were met by a friendly guy, who looked happy but scruffy, he put us in a lift and took us down to the restaurant floor. As we came out of the lift more murals, again very seaside'ish, a goldfish tank and very bright lighting. As we turned the corner we walked into the surroundings and ambience of a top Michelin starred restaurants.

The maitre'd greeted us warmly as if long lost friends. They knew it was our anniversary and had arranged for a bouquet of flowers for my wife, Maureen. The staff were all very friendly and attentive. Our Italian is very poor but between their pigeon English and our Italian we had several jokes, discussed different options and had recommendations arranged.

We started with a complimentary amuse bouche, and when I told them I was allergic to fish and 'so not for me' it was whisked away and replaced with a startling replacement. I normally find in the UK that complimentary fish dishes are taken away and I'm left with nothing. Which is fine, but here they appeared devastated and couldn't do enough to help make up for my problem!

Maureen had sea bream which she said was lovely, I had a steak, which tasted like steak, melted in my mouth and was just marvellous. Desserts were equally as great and we were given the obligatory lemoncello but this time their own tweak which was cream of limoncello - like baileys but lemon. Again, complimentary and well received.

The staff were falling over themselves to regularly ask if everything was ok; reach for the wine bottle and they were there to pour for you, the whole eerie co was just perfect.

Our only regret that it was just at the start of the season so the glorious view from the restaurant across the ocean and outside tables on the deck weren't available to us with the early setting sun. But that's probably a good thing because we will want to come back here again in the height of summer!

Don't miss this restaurant if you are in Sorrento - it is a real class act and while pricier than other local restaurants it's worth every penny.