we stayed in a hotel just round the corner from this hotel last year and enjoyed our holiday so much we decided to return to Sorrento again this year (first two weeks in September). When we went to book, the other hotel had no availability so we booked the Florida instead as it appeared very similar. It is, but for various reasons we enjoyed it even better. There is a good atmosphere around the pool (not noisy at all) which is the central part of the hotel, with a bar that was nice to sit at during the day or evening (with food at lunch time). Evening meals in the hotel were ok and we had no complaints with them on the nights we ate there, and the staff do really well, but Sorrento has so many good places to eat that we ate out most nights.
The rooms are fine, with good air con.and do what they are supposed to do. A good shower too.
We had no complaints with the hotel or staff at all, and if you go here you won't be disappointed.
It isn't 5 star but if you are paying the sort of money that we did, you should be looking for a really solid hotel, clean and friendly, with a good pool and somewhere ideally situated to chill out when you want to, after hot days spent visiting Capri, Naples, Pompeii, Amalfi etc. The Florida meets this without any doubt.
There are comments on previous reviews about distance into the centre of Sorrento but it is a 15 minute walk, either on the back road which is quieter (with pavements) or straight along the main road , where there are a few bits with narrow pavements, but that's just the way it is in this area. It is a pleasant enough walk with cafes, restaurants and bars intermingling with the shops all the way. Banana Split bar was especially popular !
And don't forget Sant' Agnello with its own assortment of restaurants and bars only 5 minutes away.
Sorrento itself is a tremendous place with so much going on and a whole host of places to visit quite easily by public transport.The hotel is well placed for both trains and buses.
We probably won't be back in Sorrento again having been twice, (although maybe not) as there are so many other places we would like to visit, but if we do go back we wouldn't hesitate going back to the Florida. Thanks Michel we enjoyed it very much,.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Florida, with familiar conduction from three generation, is a charming resort surrounded by a traditional lemon and orange garden, located in a pleasant and calm residential area of Sorrento.The Hotel Florida is the ideal place to spend a quite holiday, the green citrus groves and the panoramas of the Sorrento Coast, the gastronomic specialities or the fantastic walks and excursion will make your stay in the Earth of the Sirens’ land unforgettable.Sorrento historical center is 20 minutes walking distance. Within 300 metres away there is a typical Sorrentine beach “La Marinella” and a splendid terrace overlooking the sea. Here a charming scene is opened thanks to which it is possible to admire the bay of Sorrento, the entire Gulf of Naples and the Vesuvius. The shopping area of Sorrento or S.Agnello it is only ten minutes on foot.The Hotel Florida has its private swimming pool with wide solarium (free sunbeds), snack and cocktail bar, wide garden area. Private parking.Rooms are classically decorated, and offer free Wi-Fi. Each comes with a satellite TV, a work desk and an en suite bathroom. All the rooms have a balcony, with views of the garden or of the swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, HostelBookers and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Florida reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Florida Hotel Sant Agnello
- Hotel Florida Italy/Province Of Naples