The Majestic Palace has a certain old world charm and a delightfully refreshing high quality standard of service. If you like staying at a hotel that still thinks its customers are worth looking after and that a high standard of service is expected - then you will like the Majestic.
Its not in the centre of Sorrento, in fact its about a 15-20 minute walk or more easily a 5 minute bus ride to the centre. This is an advantage. Sorrento is quite small and well crowded with traffic and noisy motor bikes and scooters - every one seems to have one and use them constantly. At the Majestic you are just out side the town with your own beach down the cliff at the end of the road. Clean spacious room and good service
The food is excellent and full waiter service for your evening meal. Gala dinners and Gala Buffets ( what a choice) are a feature but every night its a pleasure - you will add a few pound around the waistline. They are happy to make up "goodie" bags for trips or sort out special diets. Its a well drilled team. The reception is efficient, but remember to book in advance if you want to use the small free shuttle bus to town - I'd use the bus or walk.
The bar and seating area are large and comfortable. You do have to go and find your drinks though for the first round at least. The prices are not cheap but about average for hotels. A cheaper beer is to be found 50m up the road at Bar13 and an excellent venue and price at the Wine Bar next to the Church at the top of the road - friendly too.
On the down side the pool area is small and not well sited for all round sunshine. The pool is very deep 3m and stone cold - not for the faint hearted. The sun deck has good loungers but close together - you'll soon make friends or move on.
Hidden gems - go to the 5 floor and turn left at the top of the stairs and out on the roof garden - what a view over the bay and Versuvio. There is also a sun deck on the 3 floor - ignored by most guests - felt like our own place.
We had a good fortnights stay and managed without any trouble to see all the local sights- Pompeii, Herculaneum, Capri, Amalfi, Monte Cassino, Caserta Royal Palace and others, as well a chill out. Good holiday value
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Majestic Palace
- Majestic Palace Sorrento
- Majestic Palace Sant Agnello
- Majestic Palace Hotel Italy/Province Of Naples
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immersed in a big park by citrus groves and beautiful villas, the Hotel Majestic Palace welcomes its guests in a refined and warm atmosphere at the same time. Thanks to its location, within walking distance from the sea and the main square of Sorrento, the Hotel is the ideal starting point for discovering the most beautiful and evocative sights of Sorrento area, Amalfi, Capri, Pompeii, etc., to spend in short, a seaside vacation culture or relaxing moments. Built in a Mediterranean style, the Hotel Majestic Palace has large indoor and outdoor spaces. Attention to even the smallest details, the Majestic Palace Hotel offers to the guests excellent services and facilities: pool restaurant at lunch, pizzeria, Don Geppi Restaurant open for dinner, swimming pool with Jacuzzi, solarium, beauty center and possibility to enjoy beautiful excursions by sea and by land. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Otel, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Expedia so you can book your Majestic Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.