This was our first stay at the Majestic Palace, after checking in we were given a basement room. Although the room was perfectly adequate we had no view and no balcony, just a small terrace, we later discovered that most of the other Thomson guests were also in the basement whilst other nationalities were given the rooms with the balconies, (Maybe Thomson should review their allocation).
The food however was very good, there was quite a good choice for breakfast with the usual fruit etc. or you could also have egg, bacon, sausage and tomatoes. Dinner was 4 course with 2 buffet courses and 2 waiter served courses. The restaurant was very well laid out and comfortable.
It was a real treat to be served by people who really took pride in how they treated their customers so special thanks to Vincenzo and all the staff who made our holiday such a great success.
As other reviewers have mentioned, I feel that I must also confirm the pool is not for children or non-swimmers, be very careful it goes to 3 metres very quickly and if you like your feet to feel the bottom unless you are 9 feet tall you have no chance.
Another thing that never seems to be mentioned is the local tax you have to pay before you leave. At this hotel it is 1.50 euro per person per night, we found that it was better to get this paid up straight away so there are no nasty surprises at the end of the week.
So in retrospect I can honestly say that our stay here was excellent and would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immersed in a big park by citrus groves and beautiful villas, the Hotel Majestic Palace welcomes its guests in a refined and warm atmosphere at the same time. Thanks to its location, within walking distance from the sea and the main square of Sorrento, the Hotel is the ideal starting point for discovering the most beautiful and evocative sights of Sorrento area, Amalfi, Capri, Pompeii, etc., to spend in short, a seaside vacation culture or relaxing moments. Built in a Mediterranean style, the Hotel Majestic Palace has large indoor and outdoor spaces. Attention to even the smallest details, the Majestic Palace Hotel offers to the guests excellent services and facilities: pool restaurant at lunch, pizzeria, Don Geppi Restaurant open for dinner, swimming pool with Jacuzzi, solarium, beauty center and possibility to enjoy beautiful excursions by sea and by land. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Majestic Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Majestic Palace
- Majestic Palace Sorrento
- Majestic Palace Sant Agnello
- Majestic Palace Hotel Italy/Province Of Naples