Hotel Majestic Palace is located in Sant Agnello about 25 minutes walk from the centre of Sorrento. Sant Agnello's sea front is a ten minute walk from the hotel. It's also about 5-10 minutes walk from from the local rail link, the Circumvesuvio, which offers easy, and cheap, rail links to Sorrento, Herculaneum, Pompeii and Naples. The price of accommodation here is noticeably below what you would pay at a hotel in the centre of Sorrento.
We found the hotel clean and the public areas well presented. The swimming pool was open until 7pm in the evening and we never found it overcrowded. The under-used roof terrace has great views of the Bay of Naples and Mount Vesuvius. The staff were, without exception, friendly and helpful. Breakfast consisted of the usual buffet of fruit, cereals, ham, cheese, bread and cake, which was similar to what we have found in other Italian hotels. Dinner was a traditional four course affair consisting of antipasto, primo piatti, secondo piatti and a dessert. The antipasto and dessert were buffet style while the two middle courses were waiter served. Each evening there were four options for the waiter served courses and in the two weeks we stayed there we never had the same option repeated.
The only reason this review is not 5 star was the price of wine with the evening meal. 20 euro for a bottle of house wine is steep by Italian standards. One evening we ate at a restauarant in central Sorrento and had a litre of very drinkable local wine for 10 euro with our meal. Be aware also that, unlike Sorrento, shops in Sant Agnello are only open in the morning on a Sunday.
Overall the Majestic Palace proved to be a great base for exploring the bay of Naples and the Amalfi Coast and we would certainly consider staying there again when we next visit that part of the world.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immersed in a big park by citrus groves and beautiful villas, the Hotel Majestic Palace welcomes its guests in a refined and warm atmosphere at the same time. Thanks to its location, within walking distance from the sea and the main square of Sorrento, the Hotel is the ideal starting point for discovering the most beautiful and evocative sights of Sorrento area, Amalfi, Capri, Pompeii, etc., to spend in short, a seaside vacation culture or relaxing moments. Built in a Mediterranean style, the Hotel Majestic Palace has large indoor and outdoor spaces. Attention to even the smallest details, the Majestic Palace Hotel offers to the guests excellent services and facilities: pool restaurant at lunch, pizzeria, Don Geppi Restaurant open for dinner, swimming pool with Jacuzzi, solarium, beauty center and possibility to enjoy beautiful excursions by sea and by land. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Majestic Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Majestic Palace
- Majestic Palace Sorrento
- Majestic Palace Sant Agnello
- Majestic Palace Hotel Italy/Province Of Naples