from the moment we arrived at the majestic palace the staff where courteous and efficient. dinner had been kept for us as we didn't arrive till past ten and check in took minutes.
the hotel is full of beautiful objects and paintings and has an 'old world' feeling about it. it is clearly very well run as everything works so well; the staff are efficient, the rooms are clean, and front desk never flustered. if the rooms where given an overhaul this could be a five star hotel. and can you please put full length mirrors in the rooms!
we where on half board, which included a 4 course evening meal. although i wouldn't say the food was bad, it wasn't great, just good enough to keep having it as it was included. although the staff more than made up for it and the breakfasts where very good but take marmite!
We had planned to explore at night but the bar area was lovely and the bar so well run, not to mention they had great cocktails, that we only ventured out one night all week. But i didn’t feel that i had missed out.
we travelled with Thompson’s, i don't usually do packages but it was painless and the transfer was just over an hour by coach. the traffic in Sorrento can be terrible and can make a short journey take hours, no-ones fault but it is something to be aware of. the train station is about a 5-10 min walk and trains run twice an hour and can take you into Sorrento in a few mins or all the way to Naples. the local bus is also twice an hour and is a few mins into Sorrento, otherwise you have a half hour walk. i wouldn't recommend the Thompson’s tours, they are hugely overpriced and not worth the effort when for a few euros you can go by yourself.
but all in all this was a very relaxing and enjoyable holiday and i would go back and probalby take the kids next time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immersed in a big park by citrus groves and beautiful villas, the Hotel Majestic Palace welcomes its guests in a refined and warm atmosphere at the same time. Thanks to its location, within walking distance from the sea and the main square of Sorrento, the Hotel is the ideal starting point for discovering the most beautiful and evocative sights of Sorrento area, Amalfi, Capri, Pompeii, etc., to spend in short, a seaside vacation culture or relaxing moments. Built in a Mediterranean style, the Hotel Majestic Palace has large indoor and outdoor spaces. Attention to even the smallest details, the Majestic Palace Hotel offers to the guests excellent services and facilities: pool restaurant at lunch, pizzeria, Don Geppi Restaurant open for dinner, swimming pool with Jacuzzi, solarium, beauty center and possibility to enjoy beautiful excursions by sea and by land. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Majestic Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Majestic Palace
- Majestic Palace Sorrento
- Majestic Palace Sant Agnello
- Majestic Palace Hotel Italy/Province Of Naples