As mentioned in previous reviews, the staff make this hotel special. Professional and polite at all times, you feel that they actually enjoy serving you!
As for the hotel itself, it is adequate and pleasant but does need some updating especially the corridors and rooms in the basement. We stayed in a basement room, which was fine for our needs and had some lovely antique furniture. However, a little more attention could be paid to cleaning. Although, it is always superficially clean (linens, towels) there was dust on the sockets, lights and under the bed. The corridors in the basement had a bit of a musty smell and some mould on the walls and cobwebs in corners. Not horrible, but felt a little unloved compared to other corridors. Try to upgrade if you can afford it.
Meals - generally very good and quality was of a high standard. Excellent service from all staff. They are a little hasty to clean up after you, though, especially after breakfast. More choice for vegetarians needed. Breakfast fine. Would be nice to have free water with dinner as become rather expensive.
Bar- expensive but superb quality. Cocktails are fantastic; in fact the best we had tried in Italy! Clean and lovely setting by the pool.Had no problems in settling the bill and you can insist on paying as you go.
Pool- large selection of sunbeds. Pool very deep but clean.
Location- quiet, set in a residential area with some lovely authentic shops (bakers, gelataria). We walked into Sorrento a few times, but a little too far for a daily visit. Local buses unreliable and overcrowded (although cheap) would be a fantastic idea for the hotel to provide a shuttle bus, even at a small charge.
Overall, a good hotel that we would probably return too but would stay in an upgraded room next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immersed in a big park by citrus groves and beautiful villas, the Hotel Majestic Palace welcomes its guests in a refined and warm atmosphere at the same time. Thanks to its location, within walking distance from the sea and the main square of Sorrento, the Hotel is the ideal starting point for discovering the most beautiful and evocative sights of Sorrento area, Amalfi, Capri, Pompeii, etc., to spend in short, a seaside vacation culture or relaxing moments. Built in a Mediterranean style, the Hotel Majestic Palace has large indoor and outdoor spaces. Attention to even the smallest details, the Majestic Palace Hotel offers to the guests excellent services and facilities: pool restaurant at lunch, pizzeria, Don Geppi Restaurant open for dinner, swimming pool with Jacuzzi, solarium, beauty center and possibility to enjoy beautiful excursions by sea and by land. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Majestic Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Majestic Palace
- Majestic Palace Sorrento
- Majestic Palace Sant Agnello
- Majestic Palace Hotel Italy/Province Of Naples